Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birds and Bad Moods and Blah Blah Blah

I've been working on this little quilt. It's from a pattern for a wall hanging but I'm making it in a twin size.
They are little funky birds. I still have a lot of blocks to do, and they all need their eyes and beaks sewn on yet. I'm saving that for last because it will be tedious working so small and I'm all about mindless stitching right now.

Shazam it was chilly this morning on the bus stop! Kellie was in one of her moods so between the chilly air, my remaining flu symptoms, and her crankiness I was done in like 2 minutes. I don't do well with the negative stuff. It irks me. Last night she was telling me all about the fun she and her friends were having on the playground. This morning...I hate school. I hate music. I don't have any friends. Why do I have to go to school. It's stupid. We never go outside when it's chilly. gaaaa, enough. Do you know the commercial for the sleep medication when the woman is woken by the rooster and the line is "Are you tired of morning coming in the middle of the night?" That commercial came on this morning and Kellie said "YES!" LOL I even let her sleep in this morning and she was still cranky.

I'm waiting for Molly and Jason to wake up. If Molly is still sick she is going to have to go to the doctor. She was still running a fever last night and today is the fourth day. They said she needs to be seen if she is sick more than 3 days. Jason seems to be getting better - or at least not getting any worse. His highest temp was only 100.2. And all this stupid talk on the news about kids dying from swine flu is completely freaking Ryan out. He was like...Molly and Jason have the flu? Is it swine flu? Kids are dying from swine flu. Am I going to get the flu?

I really need to take Howard for a walk - it's been days - but I just don't feel like it. I still have a headache and cough and the thought of speed walking just isn't making me happy right now. I'm thinking he's just going to have to do some laps around the yard or something. I need to get a treadmill - would he fit on a treadmill?
I made chicken noodle soup last night so I'm looking forward to some of that at lunch time. yum. I'm thinking that if Molly is better that I'm going to hang out at home - maybe do a puzzle or something - I'm not really in the mood to leave my house today. Tomorrow is a half day for Kellie and then all the kids have off on Friday - it would be nice if Jason and Molly could go to school tomorrow and get all the work they have missed so they could use the long weekend to get caught up. Sheesh! blah, blah, blah - I'm just rambling today aren't I? Sorry. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

You're entitled to ramble occasionally. I'll listen! NO Howard will NOT fit on a treadmill. Sorry.
Love these funky little birdies. You do the cutest stuff - always so full of color and different textures. I'm afraid of mixing stuff like that - I don't know why becuase I do find it so appealing. Who are you making this for???

Clevelandgirlie said...

P.S. Do hope everyone is on the mend. YOU make sure you take care of YOURSELF - as you can't tend to others needs if you aren't well.

Deborah said...

Sometimes rambling makes it better. Those cute birds certainly cheer me up. The idea of the dog on the treadmill makes me smile, too. Luckily I have, for the most part, been able to train my dog that sometimes she just has to go in the backyard because I am just not walking her. Ha, at least I think we have an understanding. Hope your day gets better and you feel better.