Thursday, September 10, 2009

Howard The Murderer

I was in my kitchen. I heard this really strange sound and knowing that we have a ground hog living in our back yard I was worried that he was about to fight with Howard. I ran over and asked the kids if the dog was out...aahhh, I don't know. I don't think so. I look out the window and I don't see anything and I no longer hear the noise so I'm thinking it wasn't anything. Then Jason says Oh My GOD! Howard just walked up on the deck with a giant ground hog in his mouth! He dropped it on the deck and it's just laying there...but it's still alive! I think Howard shook it because it seemed to be paralyzed and couldn't move it's back legs.

I didn't know what to do! I didn't want to go near it because it was injured and may have rabies. I called Animal Control but they were already closed and their message said that if a dog or cat were injured to call the sheriff. Well, Howard is fine but I didn't know what to do with the animal so I called the sheriff. They sent an officer to our house and just before he arrived it had died. He said if it had still been alive he would have shot it. Lovely. So he and Jason scooped it up with shovels and we put it in a garbage bag but the officer said to put it in our trash can!!! uuuugh. Thank goodness Friday is trash pickup day for us. It was a huge ground hog - it was really heavy - at least 10 or 12 pounds. I just can't believe Howard did it! It was really sad and gross and stressful.

1 comment:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Okay, I'm not very happy with Howard right now. He WAS one of my favorite - but I do believe I must reconsider. WHY oh why did he do it? Was it malaice? Was it premeditated? Was it temporary insanity. I must know the answers to these questions in order that I may reconcile my feelings.
Thank you.