Friday, August 21, 2009

Thank GOD I'm Home!

We had a nice vacation, it was nice getting away again, but gaaaaa! It was hotter than the hinges of HELL! I'm surprised I didn't burn to a crisp because I sweated all of my suntan lotion off in mere seconds of applying it! H.O.T. But it was nice to have nothing to do for a few days. I was such a slug though. All I did was read, sweat, complain, and eat. So I don't have any photos to show. Glad to be home. My birthday was Wednesday - we are going to celebrate it now that we are back home. Tomorrow I'm going to Bead Fest Philadelphia: August 21-23, 2009 with my friend Cornelia and her daughter. That will be a lot of fun. I get to spend money on beady stuff as my birthday gift - happy happy happy about that. See you on Monday.

3 comments:

Indigo Blue said...

OOOoohh you lucky thing, have fun and a Very Happy Birthday too. Hot weather! We can only dream about that in the UK where it seems to have rained forever. x

Levin (and Emily) said...

happy birthday for wednesday - hope you had a great day.
enjoy the bead fest - hope you find lots of bargains and beautiful finds ;-)
l
x

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh Mary - Happy Happy Birthday to YOU. Beadfest - what a blast that will be. Do enjoy yourself and don't buy too much. Would love to go to that myself. I'm always looking for "nature" stuff (leaves, trees, sun, moon, etc.) but can't find anything around here. Loved your comment about vacation - "slug". That's what I was when I went to florida, I read, I ate, and I slept. It was delicious - but I can only stand that for about three days - then I want to shoot myself!
Glad your back. Glad the kids are going off to school so maybe you can get some stitching done to entertain me. Lord knows I haven't gotten much done at all over the summer. A few quilt tops. I just bought a bolt