Sunday, August 23, 2009

OOOO, Gotta Love The Bead Show!

So my recently departed unwanted friend...yeah, he had a friend. Now I'm worried that he might have family too. GOD I hate mice. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get the mouse beepy things that you plug in and make all the rodents flee -- we'll see. They better work, but I must confess that I'm a little concerned about witnessing the mass exodus. I really would rather that they just pack up their meager belongings and checkout whilst I sleep. Oh, and did I tell you that I pulled open my pen drawer in my desk (where I also had a stash of tootsie pops) and all the tootsie pops had been eaten and the drawer was full of mouse poop?!! Oh this is just too fun!


And speaking of fun....



The bead show was just as amazing as ever. I bought some mother of pearl buttons and some glass beads.
Then I went to a booth called Priscilla Beads (http://www.priscillabeadsandjewelry.com/) they had these leaves that I love. and these little leaves...(hmm, just a tad blurry)
Then I went to Hands of the Hills (http://www.hohbead.com/) and bought these little metal bead things that remind me of gates and windows (and that's exactly what I'm going to use them for!) and a few bells that have a really nice sound.
he also had all of these wood beads. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet, but they were so inexpensive and I liked them.
Then I went to my favorite booth Beyond Beadery (http://www.beyondbeadery.com/) where I always go crazy! I did get a free tote bag for my purchase, but that's a bad sign! :O)I bought this book.
that has lots of bead embroidery that I love. Then I bought beads. Lots and lots of beads! Like these seed beads...
and these size 1 bugle beads. I use a ton of these! and I bought some size 3 bugle beads. Some of these are twisty ones.
Like these - they are twisty and have little cuts in them so they are really sparkly! (I hope you can tell, the camera had trouble focusing in the bad light)
and these tiny tubes - more like squares.
and I bought some lentils.
they are fun to use too, and I like to use them in beads made of beads like these.
It was a great way to celebrate a birthday! And I have just enough time to save some money for the quilt show in September. Anything called Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XVI must be good right? I mean it's an Extravaganza for God's sake! LOL I haven't been to a quilt show in years and years! I'm suffering some serious withdrawal!


And I wanted to show you a drawing that Ryan did. I think he's pretty darn good! it would be nice if he drew something other than tanks, but I still think he did a great job. Hope you are enjoying your day - I'm off for a ride on the Harley - biker chick that I am! :O)

2 comments:

maggik1 said...

Oh, you've been having fun! You are very brave - I daren't go near a shop. At least not one where I might buy more fabric or fibres - I must 'make' as soon as I can find room to craft. Everywhere is piled high with boxes and I can't get at my sewing machine. I love your quilts. Daren't even look at starting quilting or beading ...

Clevelandgirlie said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
Those leaves - I can't believe those leaves. I will visit that website and see if I can get some of those for my very own. Geeze girl - you are one spoiled pup. I've never seen so many beads. Does the husband not cringe at such an array of purchases???? Well done - can't wait to see what beautiful stitching projects you will add these delicious little tidbits too. Oh, and love the lentils. Never heard of those - and they are sew cute!