Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacation: 8 Days or 8 Minutes?

We left a day early and stayed an extra day - 8 days of vacation, but now that I'm back home it feels like we were only gone for 8 minutes!
It always goes so fast. I think it was the best vacation we have had in a long time! Howard enjoyed all of the together time. Napping under the trees with his peeps in the afternoon.
it made him smile to be with all of us...
There was a lot of time spent on this swing that we love. There is always a breeze under the trees...
Howard kept getting stuck on his leash -- and he was too stupid to figure out how to fix the problem...
He was like...stuck? stuuuuck? STUUUUCK!!!! Poor idiot dog. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Molly and I decided to lay down the law this year - we took two cars to the beach every day so that the whiners could leave early and we could stay all day. That was definitely the right choice. We had to pay for parking two cars, but it was well worth it. We also went back to the beach at night and had so much fun! Of course Molly keeps me laughing constantly. It helps that I still have a high school sense of humor. :O) Drives Mark crazy sometimes, but the laughing...oh the laughing.
We did some kite flying...
And Molly never misses an opportunity to torment her brothers...
and then it was Molly's turn to fly the kite...which she did as only she can...
There was some playing with the football...
as the sun started to set...I love the beach after 5 PM!
We also played with the giant Frisbee. I think this is what we all loved the most. It was so much fun. Especially when I told Molly it was coming her way and then showing all of my skill and technique - I got ready to throw it to her and when I let it go it went in the opposite direction! LOL ahhh, such skill.
This was an action packed vacation - We wore poor Howard out!
I did get some applique finished while I was away.
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

maggik1 said...

Oh, what a fabulous beach!I'm sure you had a wonderful time. I will be so in need of a break when all the building work is done. Of course I will keep a blog of what happens - at the moment it's all just piles of junk and trips to the tip. Where did it all come from? I need never buy another piece of fabric, etc again. Please remind me of that??? Good to know that I'm not the only OCD sweet (candy?)eater around!

Jackie said...

Thats what family holidays are all about. Lovely lovely lovely.

Indigo Blue said...

Found your blog via Lynns creations. Lovely blog banner by the way, very creative. Lovely ahppy photos too. I live in Cornwall UK so I can appreciate a fun day on the beach!