Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Look What I Found...

I was looking through a box that had some old UFO quilts and I found two Ziploc bags of fabric. The first one was full of these 3 inch squares in yellows, greens, and pinks. I have absolutely no idea what it was going to be. It's a lot of fabric though! Each stack (four total) is 2 inches high of fabric squares




and then there are these half square triangles. I was sewing pinks to yellows. What was the pattern??? I wish I knew.

I'm going to lay all the squares out on my living room floor and see if I can come up with a quilt - especially since all the cutting has been done and it's just a matter of sewing it all together.


In the second bag I found this quilt, also all cut out. It's at least 10 years old because I was using the freezer paper method of applique.


This is the only block that was sewn. I still like it. I have a big piece of yellow with it that I remember was going to be the sashing and borders.

I think I will start with the squares first and see if I can come up with a quilt.

5 comments:

randi said...

What a fun find! I love that flower block.

I remember having some of those fabrics. I think they are from the Aunt Grace's attic line.

Indigo Blue said...

Gosh! I never have finds lie that! I only find dust, cobwebs and the odd hairy spider. Love the flower design, is it appliqued on?

Clevelandgirlie said...

Looks like you struck gold with all of those pre-cute squares! Absewlutely! You must make something. And those other pieces - looks like 50's vintage prints to me. Cute.
I've been in Key Largo as you know for the week - guess what I came home to? While the cat's away.... the mice traded in our Harley for a brand new Ultra Classic. Who hoo! We knew we were going to get one in the next few years - but seeing as though dealers are willing to deal right now because of the economy - we got it now. Dark, dark red - oh soooo sexy. I'll be posting pictures soon.
Hope all is well with you Mary. Let's see some stitching girl.

Levin (and Emily) said...

I'm kinda scared to look through my stash - i'm pretty sure there are lots of ufo's floating around.
can't wait to see what you make.
l
x

Kris said...

I love your finds! I just loooooove stuff already cut out!