Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Finally Starting Something New!

I was playing around with some ideas yesterday and made this little brooch. It was fun to make - finish - something! I also started working on this hollyhock quilt.I think after I finish the applique part I'm going to paint the flowers a little with the oil pastels. I love needle turn applique. Next to beading it is my all time favorite thing.

I also cut out the pieces for a little owl art quilt.
and also this one.I'm not loving them yet, but I have some beading ideas for them that I think will be fun.

I promised the kids a lot of pool time this week so I wanted to get these blocks all ready to go with me. It feels so good to be sewing again. I was up until after midnight last night just playing around with my fabric....good good day yesterday!

4 comments:

maggik1 said...

Hi, Mary! Glad to see you're over your 'non-creative' moments. I hate it when that happens. It's nice to be back in the blogosphere. I must stay connected this time. Hope you're well now and looking forward to your holiday. Lucky you!

Jane said...

Well you've been busy!
I love the way you 'cluster' the beads around the edge of the brooch.

Clevelandgirlie said...

We're on the Harley all the way up in Vermont. Thought I'd check in with you since our B&B has wi fi. Hope all is well. The blocks look so colorful and fun - perfect pooltime stitching projects. Glad you're creating again!

Lesley's Creations said...

Wow Mary you've been sooooo busy. I love your little brooch what fab' colours and bead work. And I can't wait to see your hollyhocks when you have added that extra detail with oil pastels, what a good idea.