Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh Happy Happy Day!

When Molly got home from school yesterday I said "so Molly, did you have a little trouble with my camera?" No. Why? "well, because I went to download all the photos of Kellie and they were gone!" Oh, that's because I put them on the desktop computer and then deleted them off of the camera. "I checked the desktop - they aren't there!" yes, they are. OOOOOOH, she hid them under the title KELLIE'S FIRST COMMUNION. No wonder I couldn't find them. LOL :O)she wasn't too crazy about the ceremony, but she made it through with only a few dozen tears. :O) Remember this post? When I totally lied to her without even realizing it? Well, I told her that there would be at least one other child getting their first communion with her because the church said they wouldn't do it during a mass with only one child. We get to the church, the man in charge of all the first communion ceremonies turns around and says "HI KELLIE!!!" I'm thinking, wow, how did he know her name - I guess she's the only girl today - the rest of the kids must all be boys. He shows us to the seats in the very very front of the church. I say "so how many other children will be sharing the ceremony with Kellie?" oh, she's the only one today. WWHHHHHHHAAAAAT? Kellie looks at me like she's going to be sick. Then he starts telling her all about how she will be walking into the church at the start of mass in the procession alone with the priest. (OMG!) Then she will be carrying something during the offertory - alone (OMG!) Then she will be walking up the steps to the altar ALONE to receive her first communion. IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE CONGREGATION --- A L O N E!!! (O O O MG!) I said, aaaaaa, when my other three children did this the family went with them. Not anymore. We've changed that. Well, by now Kellie is crying. I calm her down. Mass is about to start so the man comes and gets her to take her to the back to get in line with the priest. I look back - she's crying, her Sunday school teacher just happened to be at mass so she's back there talking in Kellie's ear and hugging her. She gets her calm and Kellie walks down the aisle. Then she's next to me crying because everyone was looking at her. So I tell her to do deep cleansing breaths to calm herself. It sounded like she was in labor! :O) Okay, that's enough of the deep cleansing breaths! LOL So I whisper - it's no big deal. Just carry whatever they give you - keep your eyes on the priest as you walk - the minute he takes what you are carrying, turn and come sit down. Oooookay. sniff. If you cry people are going to look so don't cry. oooookay. sniff. She gets through that. Then it's her turn to walk up onto the altar A L O N E - she did it - all the priest got was the top of her head and a small nod and a mumble. I guess it was good enough for him because he let her turn back and sit down. :O) I can't tell you how glad I am that that day is over! It was pretty touch and go there. :O) After, I told her she was my hero and the bravest girl I had ever known - AND that her brothers would have been hiding under the seat crying! We would have had to drag them screaming up the aisle. She got a good laugh over that.
She was sooooo excited about this charm bracelet! It has all of her favorite things on it...a great dane, a muffin, an art palette, a sewing machine and of course the first communion charm (although I wouldn't really call the first communion experience one of her all time favorite things :O) ).

I made this pasta salad for the party too and it was good so I thought I would give you this recipe too...
SHRIMP SALAD


Mix:

1 lb Cooked Shrimp

1 1/2 Cups Shell Pasts (obviously I didn't use shell pasta :O) )

4 ounces of American Cheese Cubed (1 cup)

1/2 Cup Celery Chopped

1/4 Cup Green Pepper Chopped

2 Tbsp Onion Chopped


Blend:

1/2 Cup Mayonnaise

1/2 Cup Sour Cream

3 Tbsp Vinegar

3/4 tsp Salt

Dash of Tabasco Sauce


Mix and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve. I doubled the recipe for the party.
And yesterday a package came addressed to me. Oh boy! Is this the gift from Jason? Is this the brushes I ordered?? What could it be??? :O) :O)
aaaaaaaa.....not really what I was expecting! :O) hmmmm, I think I need to ask Mark about this?

apparently he placed an order for HIMSELF - thank you very much - but just left it under my name. mmm hmm. Good save buddy!

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol........ breath lol lol lol. Belly Off Diet,...... ha ha ha lol lol. What a good one! THAT is definately a book you want to read in the privacy of your own Kindle! Why is he ordering books? What happened to his Kindle? Doesn't he like it?
Love the pictures of little Missy. She is a vision in white. And that pic of just her eyes - a prize winner!

Well, I'm starting "The biggest Loser Bootcamp" on Monday. I haven't blogged about it yet. I want to go to the first one and make sure I'm gonna make it. I've read Jillian's three books (they are amazing) and I found a bootcamp in my area ($300 for four weeks ouch!) and it starts at 5:30 am EVERY STINKIN DAY Monday through Friday. It's guaranteed to whip your #** into shape. I got four friends to do it with me and oh, um - I spoke to the gal in charge this morning - not ONE of them has paid yet so I think they are all chickening out. No wonder they've not returned my e-mails.
Well, I'll keep you posted.
Let me know about that book! lol

misschris said...

Poor Kellie!!!! Both of my girls would have been mortified.

randi said...

Your gal is just adorable! How pretty she looks in her dress!