Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I finished this little picture yesterday...I like it, but I think I will redo the blue background - it's too overpowering for the flower.

I did a little antiquing. I really have no idea what I will use these spoons for...They are salt spoons, but we don't use salt. I just thought they were so darn cute that I had to have them. They are sterling silver and I really like the patterns on them. I also purchased these...They are tiny salt dishes to go with the spoons for the salt that we don't use. brilliant. :O)

Kellie and I are having some ... issues. She and Molly are complete opposites. Molly couldn't wait for her First Communion. Had to wear the dress immediately the day I bought it and kept the dress on all day after her church ceremony. She would have slept in it if I had let her. And she loved the veil. Then there is Kellie..."hhhhh, I'm not wearing that dress!" oh.yes.you.are! "well, I'm not wearing any stupid veil." hhhh. you don't have to wear the veil. "how long do I have to wear the dress?" until I say you can change. "what day is my First Reunion?" COMMUNION! Your First Communion! "hhh, whateverrrr." mmm. This is fun. I think it's the - I don't want everyone looking at me thing, but she's making me a bit nutso with the attitude. I started out trying to be understanding of her not wanting to be the center of attention, but I'm getting past that and am now quickly approaching the anger stage.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Good luck with Kellie and the "reunion". Lol! Priceless! Try to relax and enjoy it if you can. Sometimes they just enjoy pressing your buttons! Perhaps she'll mellow a little if you don't look harrassed!

Annie Pazoo said...

LOVE your beaded pins!

Lesley's Creations said...

I love the blue background. I think it works perfect. Those little salt dishes are gorgeous, what fabulous finds. I bet Kellie will love and cherish the day. Wouldn't you just love to replace the word's 'no' and 'don't want to' with 'yes' and 'how lovely' on these occasions. Tee Hee. The day will be great, for all!

Jane said...

Your new work is lovely and those spoons :)
My daughter Rebecca, used to collect these she only managed about 4 though, they are expensive for littl kids pocket money.
She still has them, she 29 now but I don't think she collects anymore.

Clevelandgirlie said...

I like the blue background very much. Why don't you like it? It's not too overpowering. The spoons - nice - but why Mary, why? Spoons for salt? Salt cups? Why, Mary, why? lol