Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good News For Molly

Thanks for all the nice messages -- you're awesome -- and thanks for putting up with my wallowing in my bad mood for a few days. As expected, I'm over it. So moving on...

Molly's appointment went really well. She has what is called Snapping Hip Syndrome. Not really a big deal. NO SURGERY! She needs to take some meds and will need Physical Therapy for a few weeks to learn how to stretch at home and as long as she remembers to do the stretching they teach her every day, everything should be fine. Big relief! We all feel 100% better with that good news.

I went out to lunch with my friend Cornelia the other day. She just came back from Spring Quilt Market. She had some really great stuff to show me. She brought back a few of these wool sample packs so I immediately purchased one from her. Doesn't this look fun?
Tomorrow I'm going to see the girl who does my hair. She had a baby girl 6 weeks ago. I had a lot of fun shopping for the baby! I know, I know, I didn't make anything - I didn't feel like it. I was much happier making the purchase. I bought her this cute little dress with a top and leggings...
this is a mint green outfit...(can't tell from this photo)
this little one piece has ruffles on the butt! I love that!
two little dresses with matching diaper covers...
and of course a little cardigan and some crib shoes that are soooooo soft to complete the outfits.
I wanted some little white socks with ruffle trim but they didn't have any in size 3-6 months - dang it! Oh well. I hope she likes what I bought, but I did get a gift slip just in case. Baby's are so fun to dress! hhhhh, almost makes me want one - almost. And Molly and Jason - I'm NOT ready to be a grandmother just yet so you better remember our talks!!!! :O)
And Kellie cracks me up! The local grocery store has a really good bakery. Sometimes they sell this cake that is just amazing. It has a layer of chocolate cake, a layer of chocolate mousse, a layer of yellow cake, a layer of vanilla mousse, and then a thin layer of chocolate on top decorated with chocolate shavings. Yeah, it's awesome! So anyway, I bought one the other day. Oh boy Oh boy. I pull it out of the fridge, take the lid of the box...
WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE CAKE?!
Kellie: Oh, I dropped it upside down on the floor. I was hoping you wouldn't notice.
Oh no I wouldn't notice - who would notice that the cake looks like it had been thrown against the wall. :O)

3 comments:

misschris said...

HA HA HA!!! Nice cake!

Glad to hear your spirits have lifted, sweet friend. xoxo

Levin (and Emily) said...

now how on earth would she figure that you wouldn't notice?????
but hey, i bet it still tastes great.
I love baby clothes as well and like you, i'm tempted but not that tempted. i'm hoping my nieces start having them soon - they are at an appropriate age ;)
l
x

Clevelandgirlie said...

Beautiful little baby clothes. I love buying baby things. And - um - about the cake - I'd eat it anyway!