Monday, May 4, 2009

Gettin' Beady Eyed Today...

Last week was one of those crazy weeks. Sheesh, glad it's finished. This week seems like it will be a little more low key until the weekend. This weekend is Kellie's First Communion so we will be having a party on Sunday to celebrate - and to celebrate Mother's Day.

Anyhoo, the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival was this past weekend. My niece Amy and I had it all planned that we would meet at the gate at 9am for a day of wool purchasing fun. Then the weather man was saying it was going to rain all day Saturday. Hmmmm, we decided to go Sunday instead. Saturday turned out to be great and Sunday was a complete rain out. rrrrr. So this was the first year in many many years that I missed Sheep and Wool! rrrrr. Not happy about that at all!

So since it was raining all day Sunday I decided to bead all day. I pulled out all of my size 13 Charlottes. Charlottes (if you aren't familiar with them) are tiny seed beads that have one flat side. It makes them catch the light and makes whatever you have made really sparkle. This is what I worked on all day...It measures 1.75 inches x 2 inches. I need to put a backing on it and then bead the edge. It's such a relaxing thing to do. I really love just beading beading beading. No real plan - just beading for the fun of it. I also started this one...This one measures .75 inches x 1.5 inches. I'm a little obsessed with this right now. Have a lot of ideas in my head. I'm not really sure what I want to do with them when they are finished. They could be brooches, necklaces, or mounted and hung. I'm not really worried about that right now, just having fun with the process of beading them. So, that's what I'm doin' - what are you doing today? Happy (rainy) Monday.

4 comments:

misschris said...

Those are pretty, Mary! I admire your beadwork so much.

I'm trying to stick to my to-do list today, with little success. Darned internet. :)

Happy monday, girl. xo

Mrs. Simonsays said...

Hi Mary,
Glad to find you. I am on a quest this week to give out 7 blog awards to writers that include either something about great danes or breeding dogs. I choose your blog for a "My blog is fabulous" award because I like all the pretty pictures of your crafts, and the great dane on the sidebar. Stop by my blog... www.simonsaysdanes.blogpsot.com to pick up your award.

Jackie said...

I've just caught up with your posts..the howard accidents and the birthday..and the beading.
I had to smile.

Kris said...

Ahh... the process is the thing, isn't it? It's the thing I get most delight from. Very lovely work Mary. Hope your neck is feeling better now!