Friday, May 8, 2009

Another Recipe

The kids have been asking me what I want for Mother's Day. Molly wants me to get a new camera because she wants mine...ah, not going to happen. I just got my camera last Mother's Day. Kellie wanted to know if I wanted breakfast in bed. Now, breakfast made by ANYONE but me would be very nice indeed, but in bed - no. I never understood the appeal of that. I get the whole romantic idea of it, but in reality - really? eating in bed? trying not to spill the coffee/tea, the crumbs? I'm not feeling the love for that. Now granted, I am a bit tainted on this because I spent 6 weeks in bed when I was pregnant with Jason because he thought 30 weeks was enough baking time and my doctor wanted to try to hold off to 36 weeks. We made it - they took me off the medication to stop the contractions on the day I hit 36 weeks and he was born the next morning. Anyway, stuck in bed for six weeks watching nothing but bad daytime TV and eating my meals in bed made me a bit C R A Z Y! so that could be why I shudder at the idea of breakfast in bed now. But, seriously, anyone who would like to fix my breakfast -- I'm happy with that!

Speaking of food, I have another recipe for you. This one is an old one from Better Homes and Gardens (it was re-printed back in 2003).

So Easy Chicken Breasts
Start to finish time 30 Minutes. Serves 4

1 6-ounce Package Long Grain And Wild Rice Mix
1/4 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onions
1 Cup Broccoli Florets
4 Italian-Style or Butter Garlic Marinated Boneless Chicken Breast Halves (about 1 pound total)
(now, I have no idea what that means! :O) So I use skinless, boneless chicken breasts and marinate them in Italian salad dressing - tastes great.)
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Tomato, Thinly Sliced and Halved
3/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions, adding green onions the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a covered small saucepan cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Return to saucepan, cover and keep warm.

2. In a large skillet cook marinated chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.

3. To serve, put a portion of rice on each plate, top with chicken, tomato slices, broccoli and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. very good.

Have a great weekend! See you Monday.

1 comment:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Mary - your blog is NOT helping me with my diet. In fact, I just signed up to do a fitness bootcamp May 18-June 12th every single day at 5:30 am - I think it's gonna either help or kill me. I'm also reading the books by Jillian from The Biggest Loser tv show. Her books are amazing - best I've read on the topic of health and fitness. Now stop trying to sabbotage me with all those yummy recipes. I'm really trying to stick to protein shakes and fish or vegetarian dinner in preparation for my bootcamp experience. Hey - got any good cookie recipies?? NOT!