Thursday, April 2, 2009

We had this for dinner last night. It's really good and kind of fast to make. It's an old Betty Crocker recipe from summer of 1999 but it's not on their site anymore. It's Lemon Basil Pasta With Shrimp...

8 oz uncooked Vermicelli (my store was out of Vermicelli so I used Linguine this time)
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp extra-virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Basil (about 1 cup loosely packed leaves)
3/4 pound Shelled, Deveined, Uncooked Shrimp
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Zucchini, Halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2 inch slices (3/4 cup)
1 Yellow Summer Squash, Halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2 inch slices (3/4 cup)

1. Cook Vermicelli as directed on package. Drain.

2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, salt and 1 Tbsp olive oil; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in basil. Set aside.
3. In 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over high heat until hot. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add garlic, zucchini, and summer squash; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and shrimp turns pink. Add cooked vermicelli and basil mixture; toss gently.
makes 4 (2 cup) servings.
If you would like to see more pasta recipes, Randi is having a swap of recipes with pasta today on her blog.

4 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Okay Mary - I'm starting to get "ticked" now.

You KNOW I'm trying to lose weight and you keep posting all of these yummy food recipes that keep ending up in my recipe file on my computer.

I was so tempted yesterday to make a batch of frosting - for what you ask? Oh - so I can eat it!

This looks yummy. I think I will try it substituting linguine for "whole wheat" linguine or "spinach linguine".
Blaise and I take turns cooking every other night. Last night I made this recipe (http://www.carolinapinesrealty.blogspot.com) with spinach and whole grain rigatoni - it was so good.
XO
\

misschris said...

OH, this sounds yummy...

if only my eldest ate shrimp and my husband wasn't on his low-card diet, LOL!!

Robin said...

This looks so good. Can't wait to try it. To misschris, we are on a low carb diet too. You can use Dreamfields low carb pasta for this. It only has 5 grams of digestable carbs. per serving. It tastes great.

randi said...

Yum! Shrimp and lemon are a great combo. Thanks for posting this!