Monday, April 20, 2009

We had such perfect weather Friday. It was around 70 degrees and sunny. Perfect.
I think the funniest thing was as we were entering DC one of the teachers was saying 'kids, look there is the Capital building.' No response. 'kids, there is the Washington Monument.' No response. 'kids, there is the two story McDonald's.' WOW! LOOK AT THAT! CAN WE EAT LUNCH THERE??!! It was pretty funny. We really did have a good day. All the kids in my group were great. Our first stop was the Lincoln Memorial, The Vietnam Memorial,It always makes me sad to see all those names from the very beginning of the wall to the very end - just name after name after name of soldiers who died. Very sad to see.
The Korean War MemorialThis wall was so cool.You couldn't really see the images on the wall when you looked at it straight on, but when you looked at it from an angle all these faces just jump out at you. Very impressive to see. There was also a reflecting pool at the Korean War Memorial. It had a sign that said "PLEASE DO NOT THROW COINS IN THE POOL - THEY STAIN THE STONE" so of course it was full of coins. rrrr. Why do people have to be so disrespectful? We also saw the WWII Memorial. Then we were taken to the area that has all of the museums. They dropped us off at 10:30 and we had until 3:00 to go anywhere we wanted. We were able to visit 3 of the museums so that was good. We were back on the bus at 3PM and heading home. Should take about 1 1/2 hours but because the traffic around DC is horrendous it takes more like 2 hours but Friday it took 3 1/2 hours to get home. OMG! I thought I would go bonkers! There is always one kid who's mission in life is to see just how obnoxious he can be and there was a boy sitting near us who definitely won the prize. I don't know how many times the teacher sitting with us yelled at him, but it got so bad that even the other kids were yelling at him. What got me though was after about 2 hours of nonstop punk behavior he stood up and said 'I'll be right back, I want to get something from my Dad.' WAIT A SECOND! HIS FATHER IS ON THIS BUS??!! yep. He was sitting up front and totally ignoring his obnoxious kid.
So anyway we didn't get home until 6:40pm and Molly's play started at 7:30pm so we had to hurry up and find something to eat and run out the door so we wouldn't be late. Of course by now I was so tired and cranky I didn't even want to go - but of course I did because you know - you can't not go to these things. So we are at the end of the play and they are doing curtain call -- I'm thinking 'who is that girl in the black dress? She wasn't even in the play. And that other guy wasn't either.' Then I realized hmmmm, perhaps I wasn't just resting my eyes for a minute. Just maybe I was asleep during some of the play because honest to God the play I saw didn't have either one of those two kids in it! LOL Let's just keep that between us. Molly doesn't need to know that her devoted mother was apparently asleep in the audience! Luckily I did see both scenes that Molly was in. She did a great job.


Clevelandgirlie said...

Ahhhh the trials and tribulations of being a great Mom!

Kris said...

Sounds like a busy day! And don't worry about Molly. Your secret is safe with us. Pretty sure she doesn't know how to use a computer or the internet, right? Lol! My kids always read my blog. Even their friends read my blog!

Kayla coo said...

We had our first hot day today.
Great photo's.

Levin (and Emily) said...

I don't blame you for having a little nap. It must have been a very big day for you :)