Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Honey Dijon Chicken

Still stitching stitching stitching. Still have the background to do, but it's coming along.
And this is one of our favorite dinners so I thought I would share the recipe with you. This is yet another old Betty Crocker recipe from 1996 that is no longer on their site. I make this with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Yum.
Honey Dijon Chicken


3 to 3 1/2 pound cut up broiler fryer chicken
(I use about 2 pounds of boneless/skinless chicken)
1/3 Cup Country Style Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Mustard Seed
3 Tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken, skin side down if using the cut up fryer, in ungreased rectangular pan (13 x 9 x 2). Mix remaining ingredients; brush over chicken. Cover and bake 30 minutes; turn chicken. Brush with mustard mixture. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. If chicken begins to brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil). Makes 6 servings.

**I cook the boneless chicken about 20 minutes and then turn and bake about 15 minutes more. It depends on how big the breasts are.

1 comment:

misschris said...

You doll. I am totally making this as soon as the chicken in my fridge thaws. Thanks for the menu!! xoxo