Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cream Puffs Make Every Day Better!

I'm starting to come out of my funk. I've been indulging in cream puffs. I have to say...I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE these cream puffs!It's a Pampered Chef recipe. Oh so yummy. Crazy easy to make too.


Puffs

3/4 Cup Water

1/4 Cup Butter

1/4 tsp Salt

3/4 Cup Flour

3 Eggs



Filling and Topping

1 Container (8 ounces) Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed

1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar

1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract

About 1/4 Cup Chocolate Candy disks, Melted


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In saucepan, combine water, butter, and salt; bring to boil over high heat. Add flour all at once. Stir mixture vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms into a ball. Remove from heat ; place dough in a bowl. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth and very thick.

2. Spray mini-muffin pan with cooking spray. Using slightly rounded small scoop (about the same amount as a generous teaspoon), scoop batter into cups. Bake 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and make a small cut into the side of each puff to release excess steam. Remove puffs from pan to a cooling rack. Cool completely.

3. For filling, combine whipped topping, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix gently until well blended. Fill a cake decorating bag with a large hole pipping tip. Insert tip into puff and fill center with cream. For topping, melt the chocolate in a microwave or on top of the stove in a double boiler and drizzle over each puff. Serve immediately. Makes 24 puffs.


Monday was also a total goof off day for me and the kids. Kellie put on lots of finger puppet plays.I didn't understand them - never did figure out what the giant bunny was all about, but I didn't let on. :O)


I've been too busy to stitch a darn thing but now that the kids are back in school I'm planning to spend today stitching - that's one of the benefits of having a party...the house is clean and all the laundry is finished so I can stitch all day without guilt. Happy Tuesday.

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Look how cute she is - all smiles, putting on her little play. Oooooh they grow up so fast. Before you know it - she'll be getting her first kiss!!!

And whilest I do LOVE looking a pictures of creme puffs (I'd rather be slurping that down!) I do miss your stitching pictures and am glad it's back to business!
Enjoy your peace and quiet today Mary.

Kris said...

Yum! I love the title of this post. It's so true! Love the puppet theatre too.

lesley said...

Those cream puffs look delicious! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to give them a try. Mmmmmmmm! The puppet theatre looks good fun. Enjoy your sewing day, hope your going to share what you do. xx