Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Painting Fabric

I'm working on a book cover for myself. Yesterday I drew it all out on fabric...
and then spent the afternoon painting it...
It doesn't look like much now, but today I'm going to stitch over the paint with embroidery floss and then I'll add the beading. The two ends are the part that will fold under to the inside of the book cover.

And just so you know...I want this car! I think it is so cute! Can I afford another car payment? NO. But it looks fun to drive.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Lovely painting! I love it! Hey! My husband wants that car too!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh crap - I tried to click and enlarge but it won't do it.
Would you PLEASE send me the picture via e-mail so I can get a really good look at it (before you bead it) IT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. You ARE waaaaaay to crafty missy.
PS How is it going to fasten on to the leather cover? Or, are you going to actually make it into a stable cover???

Clevelandgirlie said...

Ooooh it's a cover for the leather cover - yeah, I re-read your post. STILL send me the picture, ok?

misschris said...

This is going to be gorgeous!

Levin (and Emily) said...

i want you to live near me so you can teach me all these wonderful things - like fabric painting and making beads and blowing up kilns....did you ever get that one sorted?
l
x