Thursday, March 12, 2009

Moving On...

hhhhh, Molly agrees, the vintage postcard mini quilts suck! :O) The colors are so soft that any stitching or beading takes away from them but without it they are washed out and boring.... So I've lost all interest in them and am moving on. I'm going to print them again on fabric but much smaller and make ornaments out of them for my white feather tree for Easter. Now I'm thinking about a wall hanging (small like 6 to 8 inches) hooked with wool, fabric, and yarn...I know it sounds a little wonky but that's what I'm going to do today. I was able to get the linen for hooking at Joann's of all places so I was able to use my 40% off coupon!!!! I thought they only sold the cheap burlap (which they do) but in their embroidery section they now have supplies for needle felting and they had the good linen burlap for rug hooking. It's $24 a yard at wool rug hooking suppliers!! It's $24 at Joann's too, but you know - when don't you have a 40% off coupon, right?

And Leather Guy finally sent me my box and instead of a mix of colors he sent me one giant piece of light dingy blue with schmutz all over it!!!! And the second pack of leather is ALL darks!HEEELLLLOOOOO did we not have the conversation about light. pretty. colors!!!! Bonehead! I'll be able to use it anyway, but who wants brown or BLACK when cream or even light tan could be used!

2 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Indeed - what a bonehead! Do you have any dyes or inks you could brush over the knap and use the lighter leather??? I would paint tsukineko ink or paint on fabric dye (3.00 a bottle) - let it dry then cut it up.

Rug hooking - something I've always wanted to try - are you talking about locker hooking???

Levin (and Emily) said...

ok i've missed a few steps - what was the leather for???
i loved the little postcard thingies - but i can understand that you want to do something else with them though.
goodluck with the washington trip - it could be worse - you could have 4 five year old boys running around near priceless objects.......
l
x