Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Just Not Fair...

How could this happen???! I have been selected to go on Ryan's Washington DC trip in April as a parent chaperon!!! Ohhhhhh, say it isn't so! Say that I am NOT going to be on a school bus at 7:30am to drive 90 minutes with a bunch of 12 year olds!!! Please tell me that I am not going to be in charge of touring the museums (the museums of priceless artifacts) with four 12 year old BOYS!!!!!! Ryan came home from school yesterday and said GUESS WHAT MOM?!!! YOU WERE PICKED TO GO TO DC WITH ME!!!! Wow! That's great! I can't wait - We are going to have so much fun! (inside....nnnnnooooooooooo! This must be some cruel joke! I swear I'll mend my ways - I will I will I will - just please don't make me go! boohoo) Maybe it will be like a quilting trip where you get a goodie bag while you are on the bus - maaaaybe they'll be giving out goodie bags with tranquilizers and vodka! I can only hope. Who decides these trips -- 12 year old boys and museums just don't mix!

2 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goodie bags with tranquilizers ad vodka - lol lol . Thanks for the early morning laugh, Mary.
I've done my share of trips, but NEVER, EVER a weekend trip!
Ouch! Are you I N S A N E ????

Are you North or South of DC? You know what I was thinking...... we should plan next year to meet at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival. I usually go, but we were in Montana this year. Typically, Sabrina and I drive up and make a long weekend of it. Are you South of DC?
Cathie

misschris said...

oh my word.

In the wise words of Frank Barone:

"What contest in Hell did you win to deserve that prize??"