Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It Was A Banner Day...

So first I made the green cake. Now, normally I use a white cake mix but I didn't have one. I did have a lemon cake mix that we really like a lot. So I decided to make that. I added A LOT of green food coloring because the yellow color of the mix just didn't want to turn green!
Then I baked it in a bunt pan and it looked pretty good for a green cake...but then I turned it out on to a cooling rack and it suddenly went from shamrock green to this pond scum green covered in brown pond sludge...It was a pretty unanimous ... ooooooh, that is just wrong! I thought that was pretty funny so I put it on a fancy cake plate...and then I decided to really turn it up a notch and add some green icing...and trust me this photo is not actually showing the cake to it's full amazingness - it didn't even look this good ;O]...It was by far the ugliest cake I have ever seen! I think this cake may go down in family history! It was that funny. It tasted great - and as long as you closed your eyes everything was fine! Yeah, I don't think I'll be making a green lemon cake again any time soon.
And the mailman brought me this...Mark gave me a Saint Patrick's Day gift(well, it's really an anniversary gift). It's the Kindle 2 I've been campaigning for! Hooray! I'm very excited about this here thingy!...

Have a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Mary you are always good for early morning laugh!! You're right - that cake did look disgusting!!! lol lol lol - but I bet it tasted yummy. Next time - Yellow cake mix + BLUE = green??? It would have done the same thing once it browned on the top. Pond scum - lol lol funny.

Keep in touch today and let me know how you like your kindle. We should exchange phone numbers.
What's the first thing you're going to read? Mine didn't come yesterday - I do hope it arrives this morning. It's taking longer to get to my home from the Raleigh post office than it did to get from Kentucky, to Charlotte, NC to Raleigh, NC. :(
Enjoy the day. Hey - I'll bet Howard would eat your cake.

Levin (and Emily) said...

green cake????
i guess if you close your eyes and just eat it - it would taste good?
i'm so behind the times - i've heard of kindles but know nothing about them :(
the good news is that i learnt how to use an overlocker or serger today for the very first time :)
l
x

misschris said...

That cake was hilarious.

And hooray for you new little toy. :)

randi said...

HAHA! I love that cake! Somethings just make for great memories, huh!