Thursday, March 26, 2009

Giving In To Temptation...

Mark asked me "did you get the mulch?" Aaaah, no. But I did get these little clippy hook things so that the twinkle lights will hang better around my sewing area!
And last night I ran over to Joann's to get black floss because I knew that I was going to need a lot of black for the book cover I'm working on...and since I have these bins full of beads...and these bins full of beads...
I probably have all the beads necessary for beading the book cover right? So I probably have no defense for this purchase...
and definitely no excuse for this one...
but they were all 40% off and boy are they pretty! I HAD to have them. I am a complete sucker for the word SALE and worse for the word CLEARANCE! Mark just rolls his eyes and reminds me that the mulch really should be somewhere on my list of priorities for this week. And I really should have made that purchase yesterday instead of little clippy hook things and more beads because now today is the only day I have to do it and it's raining! So now I will be at Lowe's in the rain buying 10 bags of mulch. fun.
And now for the totally random part of my post...(as if that first part wasn't random enough!)

Do you remember the island of misfit toys from the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie? Well, it occurred to me this morning that my house is the island of misfit animals. We have birdie (Jason's African Grey parrot) who I hate - he is a featherless parrot. Doesn't he look sweet...
aaaaw see how he has his head bent over and he's all fluffed up to be scratched....
yeah, he wants you to put your finger in there so he can rip it off! He's a very bad bird. But he does say Hello when the phone rings. And he does yell at Ryan. And he tells Howard he's a good boy and to go outside. So if you overlook the fact that he will kill you if given a chance and that he throws food all over the floor and that if you try to sweep it up he throws even more food at you, he's actually pretty smart!

And then there is Miss Kitty. Don't you love how clever we are with our pet names - birdie the bird and miss kitty the cat? :O) She is as cross eyed as she can be! You can't see it in this photo because she is squinting (and looking rather nasty - she's actually very sweet) but she's very cross eyed...
I really should have asked the breeder for a discount because who else but me would purchase a cross eyed cat!
And of course there is Howard who doesn't seem to be able to keep his tongue in his head. He's not panting here. His tongue is just hanging there and when you lift his lips his tongue is clamped between his teeth. It looks very painful, but he doesn't seem to notice because his tongue is always hanging out...
yes, I do believe I live in the house of misfit pets. Have a happy Thursday. Would it be bad of me to tell Mark that Lowe's was out of mulch? yeah, I'd probably burn in hell right? I guess I'll put a hat on my head - Mulch needs to be purchased. This is my penance for procrastinating. Could have purchased the mulch in the sunshine but noooooooo, I delayed so now I'm off to Lowe's in the rain. good times.

5 comments:

misschris said...

Girl, I know where to come if I need beads!

Every time you describe that bird I laugh out loud. He sounds delightful. heh

Robin said...

Mary, I have to ask what it's like to have Howard go out in the rain? I was just toweling off my three dogs after they've been out in the wet, muddy backyard and thinking about toweling off a small horse like Howard. Hope you have a large mudroom.

Levin (and Emily) said...

ahhh yes, but think of the beads. it was meant to be - you were meant to NOT buy the mulch but get the pretty beads - it was fate.
have a great weekend - and goodluck with the mulch. david would never trust me to buy mulch - thank goodness :)
l
x

Kris said...

Hmm, Miss Mary, Levin makes an interesting point. Should Mark be trusting you to buy the mulch? Once he sent you off for it and you came back with beads. Now he sends you off again. It would teach him good if you came back with more beads! When will that man ever learn? (Serve him right if you just went out and bought a whole Joann's!)

Jackie said...

Howard wins the pet contest in my book.