Monday, March 2, 2009

Almost Spring

Good morning...
I had planned to switch over all my decorations to Spring today but since it's still snowing and we already have about 6 inches I guess that will have to wait a little longer. It should be stopping this afternoon so the kids will probably be home with me tomorrow too. In Maryland things pretty much stop with 3 inches so with over 6 inches - blizzard conditions by Maryland standards. :O) It is a little ridiculous. Anyway, I love snow days! It always makes me want to make cookies and drink hot chocolate. And this year we have a snow blower so I wont even have to go out and shovel! YIPPEE! I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

And this is the Jello cake I was talking about last week...
Oh it's just too good! The best breakfast ever -- snuck that in before the kids got up today!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Yum, I love cake for breakfast. I also love snow days. We are sitting in front of our fire watching out the window at the birds on all of our feeders. They are going crazy, but of course they disappear every few minutes when the hawk that hangs around here tries to nab some poor finch who is busy eating.

Anonymous said...

That Jello cake recipe looks so great! Can I use Sugar Free Jello by any chance?? Looks delicious!

Levin (and Emily) said...

it's so lovely to see your snow!
we've just had our first rain since the 15th of December! I've spent the day gazing out the window and marvelling in it. everything around the place looks cleaner - all freshly washed. don't you just love the changing seasons :)
the jello cake looks yummy
l
x

Kris said...

I've never had a snow day, (Never seen snow!) but I loooove hot chocolate on a cold day. I love hot soup on cold days too. Levin told you about our rain - we are all so excited! I hope it rains a lot in autumn for us!