Thursday, February 12, 2009

Soup...

Yesterday was like 70 degrees and today it's like 60 degrees, but I am in the mood for soup. I'm making Vegetable soup...
This is not a quick to make soup. It basically takes all day! But it's very good, so it's worth it.
Vegetable Soup
First 10:
1 or 2 Soup Bones (like Shin)
4 Quarts of Water
1 Tbsp Salt
1/2 Medium Cabbage
2 Onions Chopped
6 Carrots
2 Stalks of Celery
1 Large Can of Diced Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Barley


NEXT 5:

Bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1/2 Cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp Parsley
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper

About 6 Red Skinned Potatoes

Cook first 10 ingredients for 1 hour. Add next 5 ingredients and cook for 3 hours more. Add potatoes and remove bones and cook until potatoes are done. I also add about 1 or 2 pounds of beef cubes with the first 10 ingredients because my kids like beef in their veggie soup.

1 comment:

Kris said...

It has been H.O.T. here (90's) and I still feel like soup! Can't seem to talk anyone else into it, but I am going to try this one (whether they like it or not!)