Monday, February 16, 2009

Recovering...

First, the party for Cornelia was really great. There were 8 of us so they gave us a nice private room with one large table for 8. The food was amazing! Very very nice time. I worked like a crazy person on the bag - the bag that I had seriously underestimated the time needed to complete. I finished the last stitch at 2:30PM SUNDAY!!! Had to shower, dress, and leave by 4PM to be on time for the party - So a little self induced stress there. I liked the bag...


But there were things that if I had time to do over I would have done differently.


Valentine's Day in our house isn't a romantic day for us. Basically because Mark and I aren't that type - We don't do cards or gifts. But we do try to make it fun for the kids which is why food coloring is added to any food that will show it. Hence the pink milk, mashed potatoes, cake etc. I made BBQ Ribs for dinner...They were so so good - the BEST! So I feel I must share...You can find The Ultimate Barbecued Ribs Recipe here. But the cooking time on this is listed wrong - they take 2 1/2 to 3 hours NOT 1 1/2 hours which I knew in advance so it wasn't a problem. All 6 of us loved them and that's really saying something! There usually is at least one who hates whatever we are having for dinner - not this time - rave reviews all the way around the table. YUM!


After dinner Mark was playing all these really bad 70's songs from his Ipod (he is trapped in the 70's) but Molly and I had a great time singing along (it's scary how many songs I knew all the words to) to songs like Boogie Oogie Oogie, and we were doing some goofy dancing - like the hustle, the sprinkler, the lawn mower, etc. You get the idea. Then we watched The Little Shop Of Horrors movie (it's a favorite around here). I went to bed feeling a little ill from the saucy ribs followed by crazy dancing and laughing, but it was a great day. I hope you enjoyed your weekend, too. Today I am off to the Orthodontist to have Ryan's brace thingies put on his teeth. Am I the only one who feels guilt about these things? Anyway, I'm glad that the bag is behind me now and I can relax and work on something else. But I think Howard is going to miss all of the snuggle time...

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

I have news for you Mary, it doesn't look like Howard is going to miss anything - except for the bus ('cause he's sleeping!!)

PS the bag came out gorgeous. now you can get started on mine - for August 11th. xo

Those pictures totally crack me up - every single time.

Jane said...

Wow that bag!
It's lovely that you include your little ones in the Valentines day thing.

silverpebble said...

Hello - just found you via Jackie - you work is just gorgeous and that bag is beautiful - sheesh - 2.30 in the morning? - that's dedication to the making cause (and the lucky recipient). I'll be back to feast my eyes on your delicious stitching. Emma x