Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Cornelia

Today is my good friend Cornelia's 60Th birthday. This Sunday her daughter is having a surprise dinner for her with a few of her friends at The Capital Grille. She is going to be so surprised. I spoke to her yesterday and it was clear that she has no idea. I can't wait to see her face when she walks in and sees us there! Anyway, as usual I didn't decide what to give her until yesterday. She has been wanting to learn how to paint with watercolor so I bought her some supplies...

And then I decided to make a tote bag for her to go with it. I'm doing some embroidery and beading on it before I assemble it...Yeah, I need to have both sides finished and the bag made by Sunday. It's going pretty quickly I think. I didn't start on it until around 8pm last night and worked until midnight and I'm more than half finished this one side. Wait a second...that's FOUR hours!!! Hmm, maybe this isn't going so quickly after all! :O) I'm planning to work on nothing else today and hopefully be finished with the beading by tomorrow - well at least by Friday. That's the plan. I can't wait to get to the beading. That's always the most fun. I'm using an outdoor canvas because she will be carrying paints and water and I thought it would be better to use this kind of fabric so that if it gets wet it wont be a big deal. I'm using the same kind of canvas for the lining of the bag in this...She likes earth tones so I hope she likes it.

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

If she doesn't like it - my birthday is tomorrow!!! lol
What a lovely, thoughtful, and inspirational gift - the supplies, a book and a tote. Very nice Mary.

misschris said...

What a super thoughtful (and beautiful!) gift! Cornelia is so lucky!

And Capital Grille. Yum. Enjoy!!

Levin (and Emily) said...

looks like an amazing present - and i love the fact that you are also including something hand made. there's nothing better than a hand made present :)
hope she has a great birthday.
l
x