Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting In Some Beading...

I am working on this heart today. I'm finishing the beading so that I can hang it in my window.
I love beading the edge. It's my favorite thing on these little pillow/sachets...

I like this heart so I think I am going to leave it up all the time.

I love old postcards - I've been collecting them for a long time. I got some of them out and copied them onto fabric today. I'm going to make little wall hangings and sachets out of them...
So that is what I'm working on today - what are you doing?

4 comments:

misschris said...

That heart is beautiful; I'd keep it up all the time, too. Beading is up there with embroidery with me for fun tv watching work... But I usually make a mess. I love your idea for the sachets. How clever. You keep so busy.

I am supposed to be working. So I suppose I should get back to that.

Clevelandgirlie said...

That heart is sew pretty Mary. I love it - and the beading - very delicate. Great idea with the post cards I think they'll make wonderful sachets.

Jackie said...

I love your blog. Family and chaos with Howard, mad teachers and school nurses..then AaaHH! A little oasis of calm beading and pretty embroidery.

Kris said...

What am I doing? Nothing as lovely as you! Those postcards you printed onto the fabric are gorgeous! So, so pretty. They will make gorgeous sachets. (I love ALL the beading you do. You are so good at it!)