Monday, January 26, 2009

A Very Colorful Weekend...

It was a rainbow in my kitchen all weekend!I love dying fabric in bags. It's so easy and you get a nice mottled look to the fabric which is great for applique - and I love LOVE applique. I did two different dye runs with 1/4 yard of velvet (so gorgeous in velvet!) and 1/4 yard of cotton in each bag. 30 different colors of both cotton and velvet that match! woohoo! These are the velvets...

I have 39 more colors to do, but not today. My kids are off today and tomorrow and Mark is home too. You know what that means...no time for play. I'll do the next group on Wednesday. Too fun.

2 comments:

misschris said...

Those colors almost make me forget it's only 19 outside. They're gorgeous and sunny. :)

Levin (and Emily) said...

mmmm pretty rainbow......
they look so vibrant - and i love the shot of them all in bags - what a clever way to dye!
l
x