Saturday, January 10, 2009

A True Must Have...

While at the mall we went in Williams-Sonoma and there on the shelf were these...
Fabulous must have cupcake boxes! Oh yes, I had to purchase them. I knew Kellie would go bananas for a cupcake (or even a blueberry muffin) in her lunch that isn't smooshed! So, I show Kellie..."I know what I want to make!" Jason... "oh yeah, this'll be great! I can just see me Monday in lunch...Dude wait up I have to open my precious little cupcake carrier so that I can eat the yummy cupcake my mommy put in my lunch!" GIVE ME THAT! Clearly you do not deserve this amazing gift. So next time we are all in the car driving to the beach or Aunt Ann's and everyone wants a snack we will all have our perfect cupcake or muffin and you can have the smashed one at the bottom of the bag! brat. Clearly I did not plan on giving my 17 year old son a cupcake in his lunch!!! You just wait until the next time we are in the car and I pull out my yummy perfectly fresh muffin -- Jason will be singing the blues then! HA! You know, I'm thinking it would be a cute gift for a teacher. A homemade muffin, the recipe, and a travel mug or something all in a gift bag.


And speaking of shopping...I ran into the assistant principal who retired from the elementary school a few years ago. She knows all of my kids. So she says "HIIII!!! How are you? How are the kids? How is Ryan?! I always thought he was so cute!" Ah, Ryan? My Ryan? The Ryan who in second grade thought it would be hilarious if he and his friend put their bare butts out the school bus windows and mooned each other? The Ryan who also while in second grade dropped his pants in the cafeteria on a dare mooning everyone during lunch -- scandalizing the lunch ladies and traumatising the entire kindergarten? That cute Ryan? The one who was sent to the office that year more times than I care to remember? :O) Can I just tell you that it is extremely hard to keep a straight face when you get that phone call from an outraged assistant principal who says "DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID TODAY?!" ooooohhh Jesus what now?! LOL I mean come on people ... what is funnier to a seven year old boy than a butt?! well, maybe all the wonderful things it can do - am I right?!
He was a cutie pie back then. So innocent and soooooo bad! Luckily those days seem to be behind us (at least for now). And what about Jason...
who in third grade went through a kleptomaniac phase and stole chocolate cupcakes from the lunch line!!!! Oh yes, our name is on a list somewhere at the elementary school I am sure of it! I know how it is for Molly and Kellie. I have three older brothers. I always got "you're not Brian Welsh's sister are you?" Like they were afraid my head would start spinning around and I would burn down the school or something. :O)

1 comment:

Kris said...

Lol! If only you could spin your head! Then those teachers would be asking your brothers if they were Mary's brothers! It sucks that we (humans) seem to have to have a "box" to put everyone in. It sure robs younger brothers and sisters of their individuality! I am the eldest so my siblings were always busy proving they were not me. It wasn't too bad for them though, we had a common surname so teachers didn't automatically assume a family relationship, and it helped that we don't look much alike!

Oh! And the Principal? Must have alzheimers! How else could she call your horror cute?