Monday, January 5, 2009

Slowly returning to normal...

Things are getting slowly back to normal around here. The kids went back to school. Mark went to work. And the dreaded de-santification process has begun...I don't think there is anything uglier than an unfluffed - undecorated tree!

Did I show you the new slippers that Kellie gave me?...
I love them! Everyone should own a pair of fluffy rainbow goodness! And they mop the floor with amazing ease! :O)


Speaking of Christmas gifts...Mark's mom gave me a sweater and then said in "that" voice... "mmm, I think it might be too small." rrrrrrrr. No. It's the right size. Now is it just me? because I wanted to tell her to "pick your weapon and meet me outside - 'cause giiiiiirrrrrl, you goin' down!" But I didn't think that would be appropriate behavior so I held my tongue. Her being 75 years old and all... :O)


And the winds that we had last week (like something from the Wizard of Oz) took some of our shingles off the roof so now we have to have a new roof put on! We knew we needed to have it replaced in the next few years, but we were planning to hold off until this summer or even next fall. Why do big dollar repairs always hit right after Christmas?! I also took Ryan to the orthodontist today. She said "well...after your insurance coverage -- your balance is $4,825." unghaaaaaa! I'm sorry I was hallucinating -- How much did you say that would be?! "And I'll need a deposit of $1,450 by next Wednesday." Uhh huh. (how much time do you get for holding up a bank? just askin') And so that process begins. Because you see...Kellie goes to the orthodontist in May. I'm thinking that sporting big honkin horse chomper overbite crooked teeth needs to be promoted as being "just the thing!"

4 comments:

misschris said...

The orthodontist is one of my least favorite monthly bills. Especially when miss so and so can't be bothered to wear her rubber bands more than 3-4 times a week!

Grrrr... Right along with you.

lesley said...

Wow, great slippers, you lucky girl. Thanks for such lovely post. I have tittered and smiled all the way through it. Mothering laws, 'hey' a breed of there own!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

UK lass in US said...

Ouch. I hope my kids have straight teeth.

My mother-in-law has a way of asking questions about my appearance that, from anyone else, could be mistaken for compliments, but from her somehow end up sounding like she's just doing an inspection and taking an inventory...

Kris said...

Hmm, I'm almost sorry you didn't take the old girl down! (M-I-L) How rude! Fortunately my children all have brilliant teeth, otherwise I'd be in on the bank job with you. I'm always threatening to do one, so we may as well team up!