Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Recipe and A Shameless Commercial

Yesterday I made these scones. They are very very yummy and very very easy and very very quick. So here is the recipe...

SCONES

2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Quick Oatmeal
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
6 Tbsp Sugar
10 Tbsp Cold Butter - Cubed

1/2 Cup Dried Fruit (I used dried cranberries)
3/4 Cup Buttermilk (I used low fat Buttermilk)

Put dry ingredients (without fruit) into a mixing bowl with the cold cubed butter. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, blend until butter is incorporated. Then add 1/2 cup dried fruit and stir in. Next add 3/4 cup of buttermilk and mix into a sticky ball. Knead on a floured surface until a nice dough forms. Form into a 1 inch thick circle on a pizza stone or baking sheet (I didn't feel like getting out my pizza stone so I used a stone baking sheet and made it into a rectangle). Cut into slices with a pizza cutter or use cookie cutters (round or square). Brush tops with buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25 -30 minutes. In my oven they take 29 minutes. Try them :O)
YUM!

When I saw my sister Ann last week she brought Howard's new winter coat with her...


It's really nice. It has a nice fleece lining. I was worried when I saw that to put it on it has to go over his head and then clips underneath, but it stays put when he walks and the opening to go over his head is really big so it wasn't any problem at all. She also brought some of his favorite treats...PIE!He goes completely insane when he sees these boxes! My sister Ann and niece Kate own a really great natural/holistic dog and cat food store Clippers Canine Cafe in Solomons Island Maryland. All of the food and treats they sell are made with natural ingredients - not the chemical and byproduct crap found in regular pet food. They sell natural/holistic dog and cat food, natural/holistic treats, really nice toys, pet care products made with natural ingredients, supplies, etc. It's a great store, but they also have a website that you can order from. Sorry for the shameless commercial, but they sell great stuff and I thought if you have a dog/cat you may want to check them out. They ship everywhere from their website now.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Hey, we keep our boat at Solomon's for part of the year. I'll have to check out your sister's store.

Mary said...

Hi Robin. Yeah, check it out. It's a cute store.

Christina said...

I love scones. The recipe looks delicious.

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh that Howard. He is one spoiled pup. A coat AND pie - sheesh! What, no matching footwear?