Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Playing With Chocolate

Well luckily my crazy cleaning frenzy has gone away and I'm back to normal (sorry Mark).


I finished the stitching on this while waiting for Kellie at the dentist yesterday...

I'm not really sure what it is. It's small for a wall hanging, big for a brooch, and I'm thinking it's the wrong size for an ATC (I can't remember the size of those - I need to look it up). I also need to put on a binding. I think I might do an overcast stitch all the way around with floss, but I'm not sure yet. I painted it with Neocolor II Artist Crayons and then stitched it with DMC embroidery floss. And I still need to add the beading.



I also spent the day playing around with the layout of a box of chocolates quilt only to realize that the idea I had for the chocolates would be a little too 3 dimensional for it to hang right. I think I will need to make the chocolates a little less 3 dimensional. Right now they would be about 1 inch high. Which will throw off the quilt sections that have the flatter pieces - like the center chocolate which I was going to make layering felt to look like a petifore. So now I'm thinking that maybe I should make the chocolates big but turn them into pin cushions or ornaments and make the quilt with flat chocolates or at least almost flat. A dilemma to be sure. Maybe I should make a 3 dimensional box with a lid that opens of the chocolates. hmmmm, then it wouldn't have to hang at all and I could make them the way I planned. That could be fun huh? oh no, no cleaning again today Mark. :O) Anyhoo, that's what I've been working on this week.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Low calorie too!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh Mary - these are great. I love what you did with the neocolors -- and the chocolates - absolutely delciious!