Friday, January 16, 2009

Not Fine Dining, But Good...

First, this was my morning...

Ryan do you have everything packed up for school? YES! Ryan do you have your project? YEEEESS! Ryan put on your coat it's like 3 degrees today. OK!!!! Bye mom. Ryan do you have everything for school? Y E S !!! Bang with the door. 20 minutes later...phone rings. Mom, I forgot my project on the table. AAAAAAHHHHHH! That boy makes me crazy. :O)

Oh, and today which is like 10 below with the windchill -- Molly has an OUTDOOR pep rally to perform at for the Ravens this morning. Greaaaaaat. Last night we went to the sporting goods store and bought 8 sets of toe warmers and 8 sets of hand warmers, another set of under armor for cold weather and more socks. We were laughing that she'll have a heat stroke this time! And I made her promise not to share her warmers!!! LOL. How mean is that?!

Okay I have another recipe for you. This is not a fancy meal by any stretch of the imagination but it's good and it's fast. This is for meatballs. They are easy to make in an electric frying pan or a large pot. When I make them I have them with carrots, peas and white rice or mashed potatoes...

Meatballs

1 lb of Ground Beef
1/4 Cup Parsley
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 Egg Beaten
1 Clove of Garlic Minced
1/2 Onion Finely Chopped
1 Cup Soft Bread Crumbs (three slices of bread)
3 Tbsp Water
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese

2 Tbsp oil
1 (10) Can of GOLDEN Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can (the soup can) of Milk

Shape into balls and brown in the oil on all sides. Add soup with equal parts milk and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with the gravy over white rice, mashed potatoes, or wide noodles.

NOTE: These meatballs can be made with tomato based spaghetti sauce and served over spaghetti too. And I double this recipe for my family of 6.

1 comment:

misschris said...

mmm. This reminds me of my childhood...