Friday, January 2, 2009

New Mini Quilt

Wow! I thought I was going to be right back -- clearly not. So anyhoo this is the new mini quilt that I made over the last three days...
It's 9 3/4 inches x 12 1/2 inches. I'm not loving how it's looking in these photos. I'm much happier with it in person but oh well...I started with some silk flowers and painted/colored them with my new oil pastels...

Then I attached them to the quilt with beads and sequins... The color is really off on these - I think I may have had the flash on - and I've already mailed it off so I can't retake them!

The stems are wool yarn couched with embroidery floss. And the vase is this patterned vinyl-ly stuff that has a reflective pattern to it from the Halloween fabric section at Joann's...

And Kellie and Molly have been having little sewing sessions together which makes me very happy to see...

This was a pillow making lesson given by Miss Molly. They each had their sewing machines and sewing baskets and basically made a huge mess in the dining room -- But it was all kinds of fun!She's an awesome big sister!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

How lovely to have your girls sewing along. I like the quilt idea with the silk flowers.

Jane said...

oil pastels too!
go girl!
It takes a while to find the time to get back to things, after the holidays doesn't it.
I'm back to my day job tomorrow....sigh.
And it is lovely to see your girls sewing too.

maggik1 said...

A Happy New Year, Mary! It's nice to catch up - I seem to have missed such a lot! How nice to have such lovely daughters! Made lots of NYRs - one being to blog more. See you again soon.

misschris said...

That mini quilt is gorgeous, Mary!!! Just Gorgeous.

And look at the girls go. Gives you warm fuzzies, doesn't it?? ;)

Levin (and Emily) said...

i love the shot of your girls sewing.
i love your mini quilt too - i can't believe you just whipped that up. i'm to busy procrastinating on the computer to be sewing. puts me to shame really :( - only joking - it's going to be a warm one here today so I should get myself set up and do some sewing!
thanks for the inspiration
l
x

Kris said...

Wow! That quilt must have looked wonderful in real life, because I thought it looked perfect in the photo! I love it! You are so talented Mary.

Lovely to see your girls sewing. It always makes my heart sing to see my girls sew together too.

珊珊李 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛