Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Feeling Valentine-y

Good Morning! I was on a manic cleaning frenzy yesterday! My only resolution for the new year of cleaning out my sewing area closet was accomplished. Why did I save every piece of fabric left over from EVERY curtain I have made in the last 18 1/2 years?! Like I'm really going to go to that fabric when I want new curtains???!!! So that is all gone now along with the 20 Styrofoam balls????? that I had saved in the closet. Yeah. I don't really understand my thought process with that either. The cleaning out of the closet led to cleaning out Kellie's stuff because I decided to set up a desk near my sewing area for Kellie and Molly to sew and work on their scrapbooks. I need to go to the store and get them some storage units to organize their supplies but it's really really raining today so I don't think I'll be going out today. Yeah, it's raining all over our roof with the missing shingles. fabulous.

Today I'm feeling all valentine-y so I've pulled all of my stamps and stamp pads, and some buttons, sequins and some crystals, too... I think I'll just play around and see if I come up with something I like. I'm going to use some felt, some wool, some needle felting I think, of course beads, and I also have some vintage Valentines that I might play with too. (don't worry - not all in the same piece!)
And I bought these paper doilies that I'm thinking would make a cute garland over the girls windows. They put up white twinkle lights that they want to keep up all the time (hmm, I think my obsession for twinkle lights has been passed on to the next generation)...I'd like to use beads in the garland but I think they might be too heavy since these are only paper...
The school superintendent died suddenly last week so schools are closing 2 hours early for the funeral. Jason and Molly will be home at 12:15, Ryan at 1:00 and Kellie at 2:00 so I'm not sure just how much I'll get finished. If I come up with anything interesting I'll post on it tomorrow.

3 comments:

misschris said...

Look at all of your valentiney things! What an awesome stash. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Levin (and Emily) said...

what i would give for a bit of your rain......
love the idea of starting valentines day early - i'm never prepared enough like that.
by the way, i actually managed to finish sewing a bag, thanks to you!
I will post about it soon
l
x

Kris said...

Twinkle lights are the best! Your girls have taste! You are so organised at the moment!