Friday, January 9, 2009

Crazy days here! I've been on this strange (completely out of character) cleaning frenzy! So nothing crafty to show you today. I have to take Molly to her rheumatologist today so we are meeting my sister for lunch in Columbia. That will be fun.

And I just wanted to share Kellie's art museum experience with you...

Kellie went on a school trip to the art museum. Kellie is constantly drawing, coloring, painting, journaling, CONSTANTLY (she goes through journals like I go through chocolate) - she even got in trouble at school because she was spending too much time on her illustrations and not finishing her work. So anyway, she came home from school and I said "KELLIE! HOW WAS THE MUSEUM???!!!" (in my over the top excited mom voice with big cheesy smile and all bug eyed) hhhhhh, terrible. "TERRIBLE? Why?" hhhhhh, it was nothing but naked people! Every time I turned around, hhhhh, there was another one. It was really gross - who wants to look at NAKED people all day! Poor Kellie, not quiet ready for fine art! She'll stick with her fairy and animal drawings and stories of best friends and all that. She has been taking her journal to school every day since Kindergarten and showing her friends -- she has started a journal extravaganza this year in class. Most of her friends got journals for Christmas and during free play they have been working on them together. Isn't that great?
And - Go Ravens! :O)

4 comments:

Robin said...

Love to hear about Kellie's journaling. That is great. Also, Happy Purple Friday to you. Go Ravens indeed!!

misschris said...

Um, yes, Fine Art. Not typically appreciated by those under, say, 18. That's the stuff of elementary school nightmares! Poor thing. I bet her sketches are wonderful... I love that she keeps at it.

Levin (and Emily) said...

ha ha ha - now if she were a boy, it would be the only reason to go to the museum! lol
i love the idea of journalling and i envy her ability to do it - i do it for a week and then think, 'life's to boring to write about' and it's over again. mind you i've started a christmas journal and i've managed to keep it up for five years now. i condense the year into one entry, with recipes, photos etc...
l
x

Kris said...

I love the art gallery, but my kids hate it, so I get where Kellie is coming from. So cool that she is so absorbed by her drawing and journalling. It sounds amazing! Strange to read about your cleaning frenzy. I wonder why? you are so frenzied about it?