Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Two Great Books!

I bought this new book and it's great! It's not like other craft business books out there. It focuses on journaling but not for the art of journaling. It's journaling to set goals for yourself both personally and professionally. It talks about how your journal can help you get focused, set goals, work out problems...etc. It's a great book.


In the book are images of other peoples journals. I love this tiny pocket sized one...


And these are samples of other small journals....

It talks about how to make your own, etc. Which got me thinking about how to make a small one like the ones pictured above. I went over to Michael's and they have these small journals for $1 each in their bins. Not very pretty, but I will just paint over the covers. I purchased a few because Kellie is a journal writing fool -- :O) -- and because I thought the size was right (and the price). Then I went over to Joann's and they had these packs of chipboard on CLEARANCE!!! You know I'm all about clearance items! They are 4 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches...
Then I was in the aisle with the cardstock and they had a bunch of 4 1/2 inch x 6 1/2 inch packs of assorted cardstock on CLEARANCE! Oh boy! So I'm going to punch holes in the chipboard and matching holes in the cardstock pack and get big rings like the ones shown in the first photo and make myself some little (colorful) journals. I want to make one for each project/theme -- like one for brooches, one for mini quilts by theme, etc. so that I can jot down my ideas and problems that need to be worked out as I sew.
Then Miss Kellie got this book for Christmas with her sewing machine...

It's a great book for teaching children how to sew with a sewing machine. I had the same book for Molly when she got her sewing machine years ago. It has easy to follow instructions that are written on a child's level. It has pages that you copy on the copier and then practice sewing to learn control of the machine and how to make turns...

And it teaches you all the parts of the sewing machine...
And how to be safe when you are sewing with your machine...

It also has some beginner projects for a child to make. -- very simple things to sew. So, if you know a child who wants to learn how to sew with a sewing machine I highly recommend this book.
I did make it down to my sewing room/area. It's shaped like a T and has a closet (it has a rough-in for a small bathroom, but right now it's just my storage). The closet is full of junk basically! That is my New Year's resolution -- get in that closet and clean it out!!! Anyhoo, I went down to play and GOOD GOD! What a mess I had made over the last few weeks in this section! I had been just piling, piling, piling -- sheesh! It took me most of the day to go through all the junk and sort it all out! It was relaxing though I have to say. It's mostly finished, but I still have the one corner off to the left to tackle today.
It was nice to be with my stuff again - even if it was just to clean up!

5 comments:

Robin said...

It is so soothing to just sort out stuff. I have a studio and spend most of my time just organizing. My husband fishes and he just loves to sort his tackle.

Robin said...

I forgot to say that your post makes me want to go to Joanne's and Michael's and shop the sales. That's why I spend so much time organizing all my stuff. I keep buying it.

Kris said...

Nice stuff! That book looks brilliant.

珊珊李 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優

tiger said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色