Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Month And A Few Blurry Photos...

Sheesh! It's December! I'm in a whirlwind! Mark's operation went just fine. We had to be there at 12:30pm and the surgery should have been at 2pm but they didn't take him till 4pm. We had the fun of listening to them tell Mark all the risks involved...catastrophic hematoma...death...paralysis...all the good stuff. Surgery was over at 5pm and we were home at 6:30pm. It was like going to a drive thru window for surgery. Anyhoo, Thanksgiving went well too. Mark lasted through the entire day without too much discomfort. He was exhausted Friday though. Slept about 23 hours! He still doesn't have much pain, but he is tired all the time. Today we went to the bank and that was all he was up for.

Sheldon's ready for the holiday! He got rid of his feather hat and is now sporting a mushroom parasol...
I've put up the Christmas tree...
These are my absolute favorite ornaments made by the kids in clay at school...
And out of everything the kids have ever made, this tree that Jason made for me when he was 4 is my favorite. It's so quirky! I love it!I switched the decorations in these - the white beads at the bottom are pearly and reflect light (I want to get new candles with red and white stripes)...
And in this (I need to get a white or red candle)...

Last year I made everyone one of these ornaments...
Everyone loved them. They are very easy - and quick. You can find the directions here. The only trouble I had was that the white paint took a long time to dry inside the ornaments. I broke one (well, actually Mark broke it) and paint went all over the floor. Easy to clean up, but I was a nervous wreck that someone would break theirs and I would feel awful if paint got on their floor or furniture. I made them the week of Christmas. So, if you make them, make them soon -- allowing time for them to dry.
Mark and I finally bought one of these....
We've always wanted one and this one was too cute to pass up. I love that we will be able to keep it out all winter. It's more winter than Christmas.

Oh, and Tuesday night Howard came in from outside and the kids were screaming for me that "HOWARD'S FOOT IS BLEEDING ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!!" Good thing I wasn't already completely stressed! ;O) Call vet. Yes we can fit you in right away since it's an emergency. Drive to the vet. Rush in the door. They grab Howard and take him to the back to see what is wrong. 10 minutes waiting, $175 spent, 60 pills, one lovely blue foot wrap, and one what? oh, that would be one broken toenail!!!! :O) I love him. I do.

4 comments:

Kris said...

So glad that all your pets (Howard and Mark!) are doing okay! Hope the rest of December is a little less stressful! Lol!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh Dear.
Howard - please be more careful in the future. We do hope your paw isn't too sore. Poor Mary - you must have been spastic. Looks like he's taking advantage of the TLC and is recovering nicely!!

misschris said...

It's looking like Christmas around there!

So glad to hear Mark is doing well. I'm sure everyone is relieved.

The wooden skiers are adorable!!!

Levin (and Emily) said...

wow - all that money for a broken toenail!! i'm glad you still love him :)
hope the rest of your silly season is less silly and more fun.
love the christmas ornaments - especially the ones the kids made - just beautiful.
l
x