Monday, December 15, 2008

Just A Quick Recipe Today...

Hi friends. I only have a second to list this recipe because the fun continues -- we start our sixth week of 24 hour togetherness this week so I'm off to do whatever the hell it is that is required of me today... :o)


Friday night -- yes night -- Molly said "Oh and mom tomorrow is Jen's Christmas party and I need 2 1/2 dozen homemade cookies okay?" Ahhh, do ya now? So anyway I made these press cookies...
They are very yummy. I used my Wilton cookie press (not the power one -- I use the one with the handle that you have to press up and down)...


SUGAR PRESS COOKIES

1 1/2 Cups Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Lemon Extract (I use a little more - like 1 1/2 tsp)
3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder


Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, and both extracts and mix well. Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl and then add slowly and blend well.


Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes (mine only took about 8 - 9 minutes in my oven) on ungreased cookie sheet. DOUGH CAN NOT BE REFRIGERATED!!!!!!


Also, I doubled this recipe. I'm not sure how many dozen it makes, but I'm glad I doubled it. And as you can see, on some of them I used a half of a candied cherry before baking.
Have a great day. Craft something for me. boohoo. I miss you craft room downstairs and all of your sanity supplying goodness! 6th week....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Lol! You are so funny! Thanks for the recipe. I have a cookie press and will try this one out. (Your cookies look gorgeous!)