Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is Whoville Missing A Who?

Molly and I came across this photo of her the other day from Kindergarten...
Then yesterday we were watching the movie The Grinch... and we are now very concerned that there may have been a baby switch....

You be the judge. :O)

When I was growing up one entire wall in my room was covered with cork board and I would pin up pictures from magazines, catalogs, photos, etc all over it. It was like a giant scrapbook that I could look at all the time. I loved it! Well, Mark wouldn't let me do that here so I've been gluing all of those things into sketchbooks for years and years. I clip images because of many reasons...could be color combination, texture, an embroidery stitch used or a pattern that would be fun to do in embroidery, or a shape, you name it. The reasons for keeping the images are endless. Some are just because they are pretty and I like to look at them. I miss my big wall of images, but this works well too...
I have many many sketchbooks filled with sketches and these clippings. I love these books! Sometimes I look through them for color or texture ideas. Sometimes I look through them just because I like to. So anyway, I spent a good portion of my time last night clipping and gluing (with my headphones on and my Ipod turned up so unfortunately I couldn't hear anyone calling my name -- such a shame). It's one of my favorite things to do. I want to make a Nutcracker in fabric so I've been saving these images...
And I want to make a Nesting Doll in fabric so I've been saving these images too...

I always keep images of flowers and nature...
I love these books! They are great for inspiration!
On a different topic...Sheldon is sporting pig tails these days...
And Howard was very busy watching his favorite show on TV...
His tongue is always sticking out. He's a strange dog....Poor Ryan can never watch TV alone...

He would never dream of making Howard move. :O)

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

I've got to say, whilest I do love your art - I come here for the photos of Howard, just as much.

I can sooooooo see an art quilt using the third picture up from the bottom, or even the pic you have on the sidebar with the birthday cake. Maybe one day when I have time I'll play with this idea of immortalizing Howard (with your permission, of cours!) He would be such a fascinating subject!

Jane said...

wow..your image collection is almost and big as mine!

Kris said...

You are such a mean Mummy! Imagine showing the whoville photo on your blog! (Sorry kid, but you do look like a who!)