Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wait A Second...

Hi friends. Do you remember me talking about my new glasses...

here? Well last night I picked up a copy of this magazine...
and this was an article in it...
These are the little plates...
that go with the ginormous platter I bought that I thought ...eh, I don't think I'll get them. Well! I'm going to get them now!!! Don't they look pretty?! I had planned to stop in today to pick up my platter and the rest of my glasses. If she still has these plates I'm going to get them! I must have been out of my mind not to grab them when I saw them! I hope they are still there.


Mark and I have been in desperate need on new furniture. Our family room sofa and love seat were from This End Up. Do you remember them? They are still in business for new cushions, but I don't think you can buy the actual furniture anymore. Anyway, it has to be the most uncomfortable furniture in the world! I really hate it. Mark has been talking about getting a La-Z-Boy chair forever! So Saturday we went to the La-Z-Boy store and bought a new sofa and chair (the chair is one of those chair-and-a-half chairs) and it was delivered yesterday. First, we had to move all the rugs and the table in our foyer and hall. Then we had to take down the gate that we use to keep Howard from charging the front door. The new chair and sofa arrive... OMG! Were they THAT big in the store?!! This is the chair (the sofa matches -- it's just BIGGER (if that's possible)...

It's supper comfy though I must say. But as ridiculous as it is, my feet don't touch the floor when I sit on it! They are suspended about 6 inches off the floor! LOL I picked it anyway, because it's in the family room -- we lounge in the family room! And, as you know, I'm short -- if I pick furniture that is the right size for me -- everyone else will have their knees in their face! It's pretty funny though when I sit all the way back with my feet hanging there! It reminds me of Saturday Night Live with Gilda Radner -- remember her in the big chair?! too funny. The entire sofa reclines and so does the chair. The kids are loving it! I picked this set because they told me that the leather is the strongest thickest leather they sell -- that was really important since Howard likes to snuggle on the sofa with us. And I knew the kids would love how comfortable it is. Mark wasn't feeling the love. He likes it, but he wanted one that was a little more firm (these are supper squishy) so it was back to the store yesterday and we bought this one for him for the living room...
It's very pretty. It looks squishy to me - but he swears it's better. hmmm. I think he just wanted a recliner that would be all his own! :O) But it's also HUGE so it makes this sofa look ridiculous...
Well, I hated that sofa anyway. I loved it 19 years ago when we bought it, but now I hate it. So I ordered a new one from another store that was on an AMAZING clearance sale that should be here on Friday with a new coffee table (because ours has been broken for about 6 years but we just keep using it!) and a new table for in front of the windows. I'm so so so excited about the new furniture! I am so glad to see the old uncomfortable stuff leave! We found someone who wants the family room stuff, but the living room sofa -- no takers. It's Ethan Allen and it's in great condition! We had all new cushions made for it about 6 years ago. I've called around and charities wont accept upholstered furniture. One told me that the dump will take it but I have to cut it up first. Are you kidding me?!! I'm not going to take a saw to it! I thought about putting it in storage for the kids since they will need furniture when they move out or go to college but that's $80 a month! Shoot! In 10 months that would be $800 just to hold onto it in case they want it!!! Not going to happen.

And poor poor Howard...

He is so upset about the changes that all day yesterday he just sat on the bottom landing of the steps shaking. He's very distressed. And to add to his misery, I'm taking him to the vet today for his rabies shot and nail clip! ooooo, it's going to send him right over the edge!

Off to vote...Have a great day.

1 comment:

Kris said...

How exciting to get new furniture! And how weird that charities won't take upholstered furniture. They do here in Australia. I love the idea of a sofa that reclines!