Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday...

Crazy day Saturday. First the MRI, went just fine and now we just wait wait wait for Tuesday morning to see the surgeon.

Kellie and Molly made me these...

Howard by Kellie in salt dough...
A Mouse by Molly in salt dough...
Then, after being lost in a very safe place for the past 6 YEARS I found this...
It's the first stump work thing I ever made! I put it away for safe keeping and then lost it! I was looking through some linens in my hutch and between two vintage runners it had been waiting for me.

Saturday Mark was asleep ON THE NEW LIVING ROOM SOFA NOT 6 FEET FROM THE MAN CHAIR THAT HE HAD TO HAVE...but lets not go there...So I'm thinking I can sneak out and go to the fabric store for a little R and R. I whisper to Ryan...Pssst, if Daddy wakes up before I get back and is hungry make him a sandwich okay?...I ever so gently grab the door knob...slowly....slooooowly turn the knob breaking into a cold sweat as freedom is within reach....WHERE ARE YOU GOING? (Ahhh sh..!) hhhhh, I was just going out for a little bit. "Well, whats for lunch?" Are you hungry? (thinking...It's been like what an hour since I made you breakfast?!) "yeah, I'm hungry for some lunch. What do you have?" (a headache...but lets not go there either.) So I slowly, gently CLOSE the door and head back to the kitchen for some lunch prep! I did get to escape by saying I DESPERATELY needed ... something... and had to leave immediately after lunch.

And as my usual pattern of holiday craziness I decided that I must make a quilt for Kellie and a quilt for Molly for Christmas. Yes! Brilliant! So I bought this....
I'm going to make log cabins (just need 160 blocks - no prob :O) and then just set them differently for them so that they match but don't match -- ya know? Hmmm, I'm going to have to quilt them too aren't I? Probably should have thought about that before making the purchase. How much time do I have to make 160 blocks, set them, and quilt them and bind them? Huh. But...look how pretty the fabric is!

Then I went to pick up Jason from work. I was early so I was just sitting in the car with the engine running listening to my Ipod and sketching these two quilts. I glance up and this oldish guy is standing at the entrance to the parking lot - about 10 - 15 feet from me - drinking a bottle of water (but from the look of him I was thinking it was probably Vodka) and he's just staring at me. Creeped me out. So I locked the doors and went back to sketching. About 8 minutes later I hear a tap on the glass -- I look up expecting to see Jason and it's the guy. He says "got any cigarettes?" I shake my head no. He stares at me and then turns and walks away. It totally freaked me out. So Jason comes out, I tell him what happened and we go home. Two hours later I am driving Molly to school for her play and as we approach the traffic light at the entrance to our neighborhood THERE'S THE GUY! He's leaning over to the side as he's walking and he's staggering all over the place. Then he stumbles into the street and almost gets hit. He stumbles back onto the grass and grabs a street sign. I'm like I think we need to call 911. So some cars pulled over and the police were called. When I was coming back from the school they had two police cars there and an ambulance pulled up. It was crazy!

And I made pork ribs and they are super easy and really yummy so here is the recipe...

BBQ Sauce for Ribs

This sauce is for Country Style Ribs (you know the thick cut pork ribs)

5 Tbsp Chopped Onion
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
14 1/2 oz Can Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Mustard

Brown ribs in oil. Place ribs in baking dish and cover with sauce. Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Turn ribs over after 1 hour and remove foil during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Yum!

1 comment:

misschris said...

Not one but two quilts for Christmas?? Lordy, woman, you're ambitious! And that salt dough Howard is so cute.