Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I finally finished the quilt stuff due Friday. Yep! I finished 11am this morning. So timely. So efficient. I had to overnight it by FedEx today. I was having anxiety dreams last night. I have crazy stress dreams. All my teeth fall out or I'm naked someplace. Last night's dream was that my eyeball fell out and I couldn't get it back in straight. I had to keep taking it out and turning it this way and that way but each time I put it back in it would be a little off. I am very glad that that quilt is OUT OF MY HANDS!!!! Good riddance! to that project from hell. All self inflicted stress but sheesh I'm glad it's finished.

I'm not so sure about the new furniture. Oh, I'm glad we have new furniture. The kids absolutely love it which is very important to me, but...This La-Z-Boy furniture is ridiculously huge. It's the complete opposite of what I would purchase if I only had to please myself. It is comfy and the kids do love it while they are watching tv but good Lord! It's huge. And poofy. Very Very Poofy. And now every time I walk into the living room there's another one! Big...big Man chair. That's what it is ... it's a man chair. I somehow let Mark convince me that he needed a man chair -- in the living room. I'm a damn good wife - that's all I've got to say about that - a damn good wife. I just keep reminding him that Christmas is coming...and we've got a man chair...in the living room...

And continuing the huge theme of the week...I picked up my huge platter...


She did still have the small plates that match it so I put them on layaway. Wow! This is not a great shot of this dish! The lighting in my house is awful. This is actually a really pretty cranberry pink.

And Howard freaked at the vet because an 8 pound terrier yapped at him. Just one little yap...like a hello. Howard crammed his head into my chest and started shaking like he was having a seizure! Oh, the mighty watchdog! So brave! The woman who owned the terrier was like "is your dog afraid of my dog?" Oh that would be a big yes. My 150 pound dog is most definitely petrified of your 8 pound dog.

4 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

I want to kiss him right square on the fuzzy lips. I can't help it - wierd, I know.
That face, those eyes - that nose -- what a looker. I know there's a kind gentle soul behind those eyes.

misschris said...

Oh, girl, we have man furniture galore around here. It was all upstairs until we finished the basement and now it's all down there in it's manly, leathery hugeish glory. I feel for you. I'm so small I slide around on it. and my legs hang off like yours. Fun fun.

And Howard. Oh my. That dog kills me.

Robin said...

Okay, not only do we have the La-Z-Boy man chair, do you see my profile photo? That is my stairway going upstairs from our front hall. I am a good wife. I hate those things! They scare everyone who comes in our house.

Mary said...

Robin! That is hilarious! I think you have me beat!LOL You ARE a good wife! I'm thinking sainthood even! :O)