Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting Ready

Getting ready for the big Turkey day next week. Ordered my 28 pound fresh turkey last Thursday...yum. Picked up all of my pink dishes that I had on layaway -- now I just need to wash them all. iiiii. I love Thanksgiving! I do.


Did I show you my little white feather tree all decked out for fall?

I added mini lights to it because my house is so dark this time of year...


It's all decorated with fall-ish birds, a squirrel, and some velvet pears...
and while I was at it I decided that my sewing area could use a few twinkle lights because as you know I am completely addicted to twinkle lights....
And I can't tell you how excited I am about my new over the door small ironing board and my new pink iron...

I have a really good iron for clothes and a full size ironing board upstairs, but I'm just too lazy to go up and down every time I need to iron something and I ruin irons with my crafting soooo...

problem solved! Now I can be lazy and messy while ironing! Brilliant!

And I was channeling Elizabeth Taylor when I made this ring...

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it in public, but it was really fun to make. I love beading. It's very zen-ish...I get all calm and cosmic when I'm beading. And right now I need all the calm and cosmic I can get. Did I mention that I have Thanksgiving every year for my entire family. 24 people. Sit down dinner. And I cook everything but the pies and cranberry mold (my sister handles that). Anyway, I have to clean the entire house, make all the food and oh, that's right I have to take Mark to the hospital for his 2pm back surgery on WEDNESDAY!!! mmmm. I said "don't you think we should cancel Thanksgiving at our house this year?" NO! It will be depressing enough having surgery the day before! I don't want to miss the party too! "But last time you were really tired after the surgery." If I get that tired I'll go up to bed for a little nap! There isn't any reason to cancel! So....bring on the cleaning, cooking, party while taking care of husband! Because apparently as long as there is breath in my body I'm making dinner and entertaining!


AND IT"S SNOWING TODAY!!! Yeah! First snow. Love it. Especially since it's not going to stick around!

Off to take hubz to the doctor for some pre-surgery tests. Yippee.

7 comments:

misschris said...

Good Lord, woman. Got enough on your (pink) plate?

Wednesday? That's nuts. I am sure you will get it all done. I'm not sure you will sleep. At all.

Robin said...

How about someone in your family volunteering to come over and help with cleaning and cooking? Send me their e-mails and I will contact them. Hope you post pictures of your Thanksgiving table with all your beautiful new dishes. You are superwoman.

Mary said...

I don't know Robin -- I feel more like almost dead woman -- not so much superwoman!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maggik1 said...

Oh, Mary - I've been out of the 'blogisphere' for so long and have missed all your traumas! You do deserve a medal! I thought I had been busy but nothing like that. Do hope your husband feels better soon and you get to go on those days out with your friends that save your sanity ... Happy Thanksgiving!

maggik1 said...

Thanks for that, Mary! Yes, it is nice to be back - I'm determined not to stop again because it's so hard to start up again. Is Thanksgiving on Thursday 27th? If it is, that's my birthday so I'll be thinking about y'all over the pond. I love America! Margaret

Kris said...

Is there anyone on this earth who doesn't like twinkle lights? I am crazy for them! They are all over my house and we don't suffer from lack of light in Australia at this time of year!!! It doesn't get dark till 9pm here, so I am always dying to turn them on to get the twinkle effect.