Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Who Wants Pie?...

It should be in the 60's here this time of year, but it's been cold (40's - high will be around 52 today) and wet!
I've been feeling the crock pot love lately! Last night we had stew...

I thought I would share the recipe with you...


BEEF STEW IN CROCK POT


2 lbs Beef cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 Cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 1/2 Cups Beef Broth (one 14 ounce can)
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 lb Green Beans
1 Clove Garlic finely chopped
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Paprika
1 lb Green Beans (I add a little more)
4 Carrots (I always add more) cut into 1 inch pieces
6 Red Bliss Potatoes with skin cut into 1 inch pieces (I add more of these too)
2 Onions chopped (I use 1 big sweet onion)
1 Stalk of Celery, sliced


Put cubed beef into crock pot with flour, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4-5 hours. My crock pot is a 7 quart Kitchenaid and takes 4 hours and 20 minutes on high to cook.


While the stew was cooking I thought, hmmm, pumpkin pie would be good and fallish with this! I think I'll make one. I should make one for my parents, too! I'll double the recipe. I'm doubling, doubling, doubling and I come to the eggs - 4 eggs - that's 8 eggs...hmmm. 8 eggs for two pies?! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...wait a second...how many pies does this recipe make? TWO. So now I'm making FOUR pies!!!! Oh crap! :O) Jason bursts out laughing. "Oh! This is so classic you mom!" Shut up Jason LOL! So, yeah, you guessed it...It's banana-coffee-pie for like the next two weeks! Jason said "Mom, I hate pumpkin pie, but I'll eat some for you." Thanks buddy.

The rest of us love pumpkin pie, but THREE!!! that's a bit much...I'll have to give one to a neighbor or something. Even I can't eat three pies!

Last night I went to Barnes & Noble with Mr Cranky Pants (Mark - who is so cranky because of his back hurting again that he said to me this morning "I'm just too cranky to deal with your happy!" That's okay big guy) Anyway, we went to the book store and I got this super fabulous new book!!!!!

I LOVE this needle case!...
And this little pouch...

Molly would love this Ipod case...
Love it! The book is great!
It's Wednesday -- Ghost Hunters marathon - you know where I'll be! :O) I told Mark "Friday is Ghost Hunters live for Halloween - you remember that right?" Of for God's sake Mary that is the dumbest show on TV! Do we really have to suffer through it twice in one week?! Oooooh, yeah! Kellie and I love it! It's too funny...did you see that? no. did you hear that? no. It is stupid, but we LOVE it! :O) So, happy happy Wednesday everyone!

4 comments:

miss chris said...

I want pie! You silly girl.

That crock pot dish looks good, too... hmmm. Might have to see if I can try that one on my clan.

Jane said...

Don't you just love the way these books are put together now.
I love sitting down with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold evening and leafing through a whole pile of well illustrated craft/art books.
Great recipes too!
Thanks

Kris said...

I love that book! It is gorgeous! You have been cooking some great cold weather food. We are starting to heat up. We've already had some 100 degree days. My cooking is all about salad at the moment. Can't face the thought of something hot!

Levin (and Emily) said...

wow - i've never tried pumpkin pie - it looks good though!
we've put the slow cooker away for now - it's warming up here but I might just write out the recipes for next winter.
cheers
l
x