Friday, October 10, 2008

Sort of Moving On...

It's been this kind of week...

Ho Hum. That's me right now, but I wanted to post about ... stuff ... I've been working on some little brooches/ornaments/thingies...
I'm thinking if I like them when they are done I might put them on etsy. We'll see. I've been playing around with the idea of selling some things...brooches, ornaments, mini quilts, fingerless gloves, scarves, that sort of thing. I don't know. Thinking about it.

I went to the antique shop near me that I love love love! She even has layaway! LOVE that! I picked up my glasses. Kings Crown Wine/Water (12 of them - yeah, baby!)...

12 4 oz glasses and 12 2 oz glasses...

and the piece de resistance--12 of these babies!...

I also bought the ginormous platter but I haven't picked it up yet. They had salad plates too, but I don't think I want them because I plan to use these with my other pink china.


Then I went to my favorite store in town and bought these, but one of the candles has a screwy wick so I have to exchange it...
And this for my kitchen table...
And here's a funny one for you...Miss Molly came home from school yesterday quite distressed. She received her pen pal names. Mr England was cool with the name Angus which she has been saying in her fake British accent all night. Miss France has a cool Frenchy name. But Mr. Italy...Ohhhh, Mr Italy is named....Donald. "D O N A L D ?!?!?!?! What kind of stupid "Italian" name is that?! Donald! Huh. He's probably AMERICAN! How can I have an Italian pen pal named Donald. That doesn't sound hot!" Poor Molly. I try not to laugh. I can see how upsetting this is. Ahh Donald...Don't hold your breath for any mail coming your way any time soon. Oh! And she said "do you think it would be twisted of me to ask Angus to send me a CD of him saying his name and any random things he would like so that I can hear his way too cute voice?" Oh Lord it's just too much! LOL

And this is just wrong....
I'm not sure what's more offensive...the fact that they found my Mallomars or that they left me ONE! Like leaving me one will make it all okay. Why Why Why do they always leave me just one?! Obviously my hiding place in the cabinet behind the baking dish has become well known. Did I tell you they ate all of my Pims, too?! Well, except for ... ONE!

And if you want to see, this is my Mom's car...

And this is the one she hit...


mmmmmm. Lovely. I told her last night when she said she was going to get a rental car next week...."Ah, Mom, I really think that you should get your hearing problem worked out before you think about driving again." She said ... "What?" EXACTLY!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I love this post because it shows quite clearly that there is always going to be some agrivation in life! If it's not your kids, it'll be your parents! And just when your kids are getting to the stage where you think they won't be so much of a problem anymore, your parents kick in even harder.

The etsy thing is an interesting idea. I have been toying with that idea too. Hmmm..... why is something new and different so scary?

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh my gosh Mary - you deserve, Mallowmars, fabric, tea and all the Lindor treats you can find. What an incredulous scenario you have found yourself in this past month or so!!! Good Grief!
Do your puzzles, take a deep breath, and enjoy your single Mallomar. Tomorrow will be a better day.