Monday, October 20, 2008

Saturday night was Homecoming...
I bought a new sewing/cutting table for my sewing area...
It's much bigger than I though. It didn't seem so large in the store. I tried to hide it behind this shelving unit...
but Mark still noticed that my stuff is continuing to spread like a cancer. I guess it does stick out a bit more than I had thought...
I explained that I wouldn't have to use the dining room table anymore -- that made him see the value of this table. It's heavy, but it's on wheels so that makes it easy to move. I bought it at Joann Fabrics. They have two sizes, this is the larger one. I think that the center part is like 17 or 18 inches wide. When it's open it makes a really nice size work surface.

Last night everyone was in bed. Howard and I were still up and I was watching a scary movie in the dark. I was on one sofa and Howard was on the other. I start hearing this really quiet muffled noise that was getting louder and louder ...oooooooOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRR... What the heck is that?! It sounded like something was about to blow up. Then I realized it was Howard with his head under his martini pillow having a bad dream. Idiot dog! Happy Monday!

3 comments:

miss chris said...

Homecoming?! Ack, she looks so grown up. Pretty girl. I don't know how they do that, the growing up thing. It's not right.

I covet my mothers cutting table that is just like that. It makes cutting patterns almost enjoyable. Lucky you!

Kris said...

I am loving your cutting table too! Lucky girl!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Nothing like sharing a movie and a blanket with a snoring dog!!! If you've visited my blog you can see our pups are a HUGE PART of our life, too. Difference being, of course, it takes about 10 corgis to equal one HOWARD!!! LOL.
Love the thought of Howard snoring under his Marini (!) pillow. I've been toying with the idea of buying that table at Joann's -- using of course one of my 50% off coupons I get from them. Do you like it? Is it a good height??