Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Promise Crafty Stuff Again Soon...

I promise to get back to crafty stuff tomorrow, but...


First, sorry about the spelling in the last post. I really wasn't paying attention to how I was writing. In Court Reporting you write only what you hear so once would be wuns, cat is kat, etc. so if I'm not paying attention my mind slips into CR mode and my spelling gets really really bad and I didn't take the time to even use spell check! So, sorry about that.


As for my parents, they did come home (both of them together) on Friday. They actually seemed to be pretty comfortable. My Dad isn't taking much pain medication -- basically Tylenol, he's just bruised -- but he's making sure that we know all about his ordeal with constant complaining...My Mom is taking lots and lots of pain medication but she's like "oh, I don't need to breath today, don't worry about me, I'm fine. :O) I made a lasagna and took it over to them. My sister and one of my brothers were also staying for a few hours with them so that was nice. It became clear by 7:30pm that until we left she was never going to lay down...typical. Saturday morning I spoke to her and she said she was feeling sick from the pain medication they prescribed but that she ate breakfast and was starting to feel a little better. My middle brother and his wife were bringing dinner that night so I didn't have to worry about her at all (or so I thought). Saturday night (10 PM) my brother calls me from the local ER to tell me that while he was at my parents they were eating dinner and my mom says "oh, after we finish eating would you mind taking me over to the ER?" "sure, why? are you feeling okay?" "Oh. The leg that I hurt is swelling up from the knee down and hurts. I called Bayview and they said that it could be a blood clot and that I should go right over to the local ER." "when did you call Bayview?" "earlier today, but I wanted to make sure you had dinner before we left." Yes brother dear, welcome to my world! LOL. They make me crazy with stuff like this. :O) She's okay. They kept her over night because the people who do the test for this -- they don't work nights on the weekends. So you might want to remember not to get hurt on weekend nights - they can't help you! So they did the test this morning and it's just natural bruising caused by the injury and nothing to worry about. Also, my mom told the Bayview staff at least 5 times that she couldn't take Percocet and when she went to the local ER and they asked what she was on they said "well, that's Percocet! No wonder you've been so sick!" So Johns Hopkins or not you really have to question everything they give you!





The past two days Mark and I have been having a little (well a bottle) of wine and a little fire on the deck at night...


That flash is pretty bright! I took this one of the fire right after it...sheesh.


Howard is afraid of the fire so he plants himself right up against my chair. Idiot. I promise I do have some stitching to post about....Tomorrow.

No comments: