Tuesday, October 14, 2008

He Gets Me...

Yes. Mark definitely gets me...
You realize that this means continuous tea drinking, chocolate Lindor ball eating, and puzzle working, right? He's a good guy. I'm definitely feeling pizza and subs for dinner, oh yes.


Last night at 9 PM my Mom called and it was off to the ER again for my Dad this time because his leg was turning red and swelling. Rolled back home at 4:30 AM --- ahhh, the good times just keep coming. He has an infection that he got while in Bayview. Now he's on antibiotics for that. Last night I finally realized that my Dad's craziness is definitely fear -- anxiety. He was complaining about pain again and his breathing was really strange -- almost like hyperventilating but as soon as they said he would be able to go home it all stopped. Not the complaining, but the pain and crazy breathing all went back to normal. Honestly, he complained from the moment I picked them up at 9:15 until the moment I dropped them off at 4:30 -- 7 hours of non-stop constant complaining really wears on you. At one point my Mom was in tears and said he's making her insane. And I think she meant it. It's incredible how your body reacts to that kind of constant negativity. My entire body gets tense and I start to get sick to my stomach.


My appointment went as expected -- it's definitely school related and I should probably stop. He gave me some new pain medication that he wants me to take for at least 2 weeks and then if it's not better I'll have to go see a Sports Medicine doctor.


So, I was able to sleep from 4:45 until 6:30 - I've got my second wind now...Mark's at work, kids are at school - bring on the tea, Lindor balls, and puzzle madness!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I felt great sympathy for you having read your previous post..I had exactly the same experience..usually the dog would be sick or someone would stand in something just after I'd cleaned the whole house...the crumbs too...I know it seems petty and trivial to the 'men in your life' but its just a sign that you can't keep on top of it and life goes on. And in your case it certainly does go on. I hope you are soon feeling a bit more positive..climb out of the hole....step away from the hole..and don't do a job that makes you hurt.
x

Robin said...

I really feel for you. We are at the point in our lives when the parents are becoming the children. The only thing we can take from these moments is to hope we remember this and don't visit it upon our children. I always feel sorry for my daughter. She is an only child and will have to handle her two crazy parents alone. Enjoy the puzzling, Lindor balls and tea.

Randi said...

Gosh, all of this does sound hard! And my heart goes out to your mom. What a lady she must be.

I will be praying for strength and rest for both of you. I hope you dad gets better soon!