Friday, October 31, 2008

Good Thing I'm Super Organized...

Happy Happy Halloween!!!
This is Ryan as a bee. He didn't feel the love for this like I did! :O)

I had a pattern way back in the day when Jason and Molly were babies that was really great. It was a Simplicity pattern that was super easy! I made it in a pumpkin...
A dalmatian...
Blues Clues...
And a dragon...
It really was a great pattern! I don't think they make it anymore. And thinking about Ryan, now that he is in Middle School he is meeting A LOT of new kids. His middle school gets all the kids from 3 area Elementary Schools. So instead of just having the kids from our neighborhood he now has kids from 3 areas. mmmmm. So anyway, he has a new friend. He's the kind of kid that when you meet him you think. Huh. I'm not so sure about this kid. He is in a military kid club so I'm like okay he's a little aggressive, a little bossy, but polite. The club that he is in I feel is probably run by a bunch of idiot men because the branch of the military it is affiliated with (from my experience with friends fathers, brothers, spouses who were in this branch) are gung-ho, over the top, aggressive, arrogant, idiots. So yeah I'm not sure I'm liking this kid. Anyway, he invited Ryan to a Halloween party/function for kids last night. I spoke to the mom and was like okay you can go. I drive Ryan over to their house and meet the mom in person --- OMG! If I thought mmmm about the kid it's Aahhhhhhh, yikes! about the mom! Let me see if I can paint a picture for you...tough, beer drinking, cigarette smoking, sailor talking, gun slinging WACKO! LOL. Really, she wasn't that bad - she wasn't doing any of those things, but WOW she was a bit rough if you know what I mean. So now I'm standing on her porch and I'm committed to letting Ryan go on this outing so I grab Ryan in a death grip hug and whisper "Ryan! If you get to this party and you don't like it you call me and I'll come get you right away! Be good and polite and have fun." He's like MOM! okay! like will you please get off me?! LOL. It was not a good situation. I came home and looked at Mark and said SWEET JESUS I JUST SENT RYAN OFF WITH A HILL BILLY YAHOO! LOL I was never so happy to see him come home in my life!

It sure is a good thing that I'm so super organized because if I weren't I wouldn't have had the pleasure of spending an HOUR looking for my box of sewing machine feet!!!! That's good times. And since after 45 minutes of looking my mouth slipped into speaking in tongues, I'll probably be burning in hell for all eternity. Yep, good times.

I'm still feeling the crock pot love so I'm going to give you this one, too (because I seem to be on a recipe roll this week)...

CHICKEN IN CROCK POT

one 4 1/2 to 5 lb Whole Chicken
1/4 Cup Onion chopped and put inside the chicken
Brush skin with melted butter
Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over chicken

Sprinkle with:

1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1/4 tsp Thyme
1/4 tsp Paprika

Cook in crock pot for 5 to 5 1/2 hours on high. Now, my crock pot is big so I use a 7 lb chicken and mine never takes more than 4 to 4 1/2 hours to cook on high. In my crock pot by 5 hours its practically soup! So there you have it... It's a good one. I've made it in the regular oven like this too.

5 comments:

miss chris said...

Good grief, those costumes... adorable!

And, erm, my 12yo has a friend like that. Makes me cringe but I don't have a real solid reason to keep her from spending time with her... I feel your pain.

Jane said...

I could feel the tension building up just reading about Ryans brush with the Hill Billy family!
I recall a similar experience with my own son, Adam.

I'm sure Ryan's all the more prepared for life because of it lol! But I bet you have a few extra grey hairs though :)

Levin (and Emily) said...

lol
there's nothing harder than dealing with your kids friends - unless it's dealing with their parents. why can't they find nice, smart, motivated, socially functional friends?????
glad to hear he arrived home safely. sometimes the rough ones have the kindest hearts :)
l
x

Kris said...

Lol! Loved your Ryan/party story. Sometimes I wonder what our kid's friends make of us! It's always a bit strange taking them to someone's home when you haven't met the parents!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Doesn't it just warm your heart when you've labored over something and then you see it being worn with all smiles by one of the loves of your life!!!