Thursday, October 30, 2008

Aaaaaah, It's a Good Day...

My day started off a little bad -- I spent 4 hours stitching the background of my little quilt and then ripping it all out THREE times!!! so at the end of the 4 hours I was right back to where I had started at 9:30! Not very productive ... but then I stopped stressing about what they will think of this stitch or that section of stitches and just got down to it and finished by 3:30! Yippee! Now all that is left is the binding and retyping the directions from my chicken scratch notes.

I'm making a casserole for dinner tonight and I wanted to share the recipe with you. This is a great casserole because it can be made up in advance and then cooked -- It's perfect for donating to a soup kitchen/church dinner, etc. For my family of 6 I double it - just so you know...

CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

2 chicken breasts cut up
1 Box of Frozen Broccoli or fresh broccoli cut up into chunks
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Cooked Rice (I don't think this is enough rice so I would use 1 cup/2 cups if doubled)
Bread Crumbs (I use the canned Italian Bread Crumbs)

Boil Chicken for 20 minutes. Cool and cut up. Steam broccoli until tender/crisp. Mix soup, milk, and mayonnaise. Heat thoroughly. Put rice in bottom of casserole dish, then the chicken, then the broccoli on top. Pour on the soup mixture and sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (longer if made in advance and cold) till cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.

It's really good. I hope you try it - or use it for a donation to a soup kitchen. It makes a nice meal all in one dish. It does take several pots in the preparation -- that's the only negative.

2 comments:

miss chris said...

Are you feeling bad for me and my picky family and lack of recipes? This, my dear, may please 75% of the clan, which is a winner in my book. Thanks.

Kris said...

Hey! I'm with miss chris. Pleasing 75% would be a miracle at my house! Gosh they can whinge! Sometimes these days I just cook whatever I feel like eating (Hey! They know where the bread and peanut butter are!)